Help WOChrisL shop for her dad

ChrisL

I don't know the U.S. shops. Does she know that her father wears real wool?  Some people find wool itchy. But I would not buy acrylic wool nor real cotton, because the  type of fibre and knit quality doesn't hold over time for sweater. Unless hand washed.

Nordstrom.  We have sales....for Nordstrom Canada at our end. :lol:

• Heart 1

20 minutes ago, shootingstar said:

I don't know the U.S. shops. Does she know that her father wears real wool?  Some people find wool itchy. But I would not buy acrylic wool nor real cotton, because the  type of fibre and knit quality doesn't hold over time for sweater. Unless hand washed.

Nordstrom.  We have sales....for Nordstrom Canada at our end. :lol:

Not sure about wool but likely he would wear it.  We thought about Nordstroms, might check them out tomorrow but was thinking of an online retailer we could ship directly to him.

• Heart 1

5 minutes ago, Prophet Zacharia said:

I always thought it was her mother that was the problem. Now you want to replace her father???

Nah her dad is a keeper.  They are polar opposites.  MIL takes and FIL gives… MIL wears out her welcome & FIL keeps his visits short to not wear out his welcome.  MIL sits her ass in my chair, won’t budge & pee’s on it.  FIL says here sir take your chair & moves… 

• Heart 1

If he will be wearing it where it is cold Icewear has very nice wool sweaters.   The Nordic and Icelandic sweaters are warm and very popular with mushers.  The only other thing you will need to get him is a sled dog.  Icelandic wool is nice but it will not be as soft as Merino.  I would suggest if you get one in Icelandic that he may want to wear a tee shirt under it.  They have both to choose from. I got my Icelandic with this pattern last year when most choices were sold out.

81qUoci9wJL._AC_UL1500_.thumb.jpg.f40422443123e5ad2a5e4bd67dfae7ff.jpg

IF you want to buy me a gift I would be very happy with a Merino Nordic sweater.  Large fits well :)

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

11 hours ago, ChrisL said:

If you wanted to buy a sweater for a very conservative 80 yo man where would you shop?

Is he "affiliated" with anything? IOW, a vet (so could pursue armed forces themes) or a grad of some college (pursue alumni themes) or a cyclist or a pipe smoker or a sailor, etc.?  There are themed sweaters for sure out there - either outrageous or under-stated.

Think this:

1477687487070_-7007130311133382127_1440x

vs this:

Purdue_Cardigan_Full_Body_Desktop_1440x.

vs:

US_Army_Military_5_Button_Sweater_1-min_

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Is he "affiliated" with anything? IOW, a vet (so could pursue armed forces themes) or a grad of some college (pursue alumni themes) or a cyclist or a pipe smoker or a sailor, etc.?  There are themed sweaters for sure out there - either outrageous or under-stated.

Think this:

1477687487070_-7007130311133382127_1440x

vs this:

Purdue_Cardigan_Full_Body_Desktop_1440x.

vs:

US_Army_Military_5_Button_Sweater_1-min_

Not really.  He is in a quandary as he didn’t realize Houston is as cold as it is and after spending the past 5 years in FL no longer has warm clothes.

I recommend LL Bean & Eddie Bauer and WOChrisL found some nice sweaters.  Thanks for the tips! 

• Like 1