I got some eggs from real chickens tonight...

petitepedal

Have you ever had an egg from a fake chicken? I understand that they're low in cholesterol.

So when you go to the store and buy eggs that come in those styrofoam cartons, how do you know if they are eggs from real chickens or from fake chickens?  I don't think it is labeled on the carton anywhere.

So when you go to the store and buy eggs that come in those styrofoam cartons, how do you know if they are eggs from real chickens or from fake chickens?  I don't think it is labeled on the carton anywhere.

It's on the bottom.  You have to turn the cartons upside down.  If it's not marked there, ask someone that works in the egg department.  They will know for sure.

Our grocer always sold eggs from a chicken farm a few miles outside of town.  The farmer retired and turned the operation over to his kids who didn't want to do all the work involved.  The kids closed down the chicken houses but kept the business.  I don't know where they get their eggs now, probably from robotic chickens? Our grocer still sells them.