What do you intend to do with your scratched non-stick cookware?

Randomguy

3 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

I love my blue stone knockoffs from the Christmas Tree Shop.  $12, $10 and $7 for three different sizes.  They have been the most durable and slippery frying pans I've ever had.  At those prices I just throw them in the dishwasher to clean.

"Hello.  I'm maddmaxx and I'm a heathen".

I bought a set of 3 Blue Diamond pans a while back. Are those Blue Stone knockoffs? 
They are really nice I got to say. Nothing sticks and super easy to clean.

10 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Please don't try to imply you don't have any non-stick cookware, btw.

The only cooking pot or pan I use that's not non-stick is the 6 qt. stainless steel inner pot in my Instant Pot and I do any frying in a separate, non-stick pan then add it to the stainless steel pot so I don't have anything hard to scrub after pressure or slow cooking.

If it gets more than a couple tiny scratches and is Teflon-type coated cookware, I toss it. If it's ceramic non-stick, a few tiny scratches are no big deal.  I buy good buy low-priced non-stick cookware so it's not a big loss to replace it.

I also buy silicone or other plastic spatulas, ladles, slotted spoons, big forks, tongs, etc. to use with them and rarely scratch them.

I have one of those "granite" type, ceramic, non-stick lasagna pans (pic at bottom) and noticed a few very tiny, short scratches after using a stainless steel knife, so I bought this plastic knife, about a foot long, to prevent any more scratches - it was something like $7.99 and is not available on Amazon anymore, but there are even cheaper alternatives.  Now I start the cut into the lasagna or casserole with a stainless steel chef's knife just to break the surface, then complete it to the bottom and edges with the plastic knife:

image.thumb.png.411f96cc79af7c71320f987463bad475.png

image.thumb.png.b00e4ad3a32a4ee3baabc69cc8fb1a59.png

3 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Put it in the camper and act like you might use it in the future but know you prob wont.  

First rule of RV/trailer ownership is to "shop your house" before buying new stuff for the RV.  But...I think you're supposed to shop for what you "need" and will "use" :dontknow: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

First rule of RV/trailer ownership is to "shop your house" before buying new stuff for the RV.  But...I think you're supposed to shop for what you "need" and will "use" :dontknow: 

Agree.  And for the most part we use the crap in it.  But honestly don't know that I would ever use an old non-nonstick pan in it?  

I do have a couple of older scratched non-sticks that I leave in the house for the kids to cook on.  They have not proved themselves worthy to use the new ceramic pan or especially my carbon steel pans. 

• Like 1