So Square Wave, are you enjoying the greenhouse on a day like today?

Ralphie

I thought aboot y0u too, lj!  Drat!  We had some beeyootiful citronella plants but I didn't think to bring them in for the winter.  :angry:  The only one we have inside is a mandevilla that I bought for mother's day..  It was gorgeous potted outside all summer, but it is not doing well in captivity - keeps dropping leaves.

Drat - it turned cloudy shortly after I started this thread. :rolleyes:

Citronella plants do well inside over winter.  They make the room smell great too when someone brushes up against them.  When I first put them back outside in the spring they take a couple weeks to adjust to the fresh air and then they take off.  The big one you see in the corner of the room I have had for eight years.  My wife didn't even know I had it, it was down next to my pool filter.  When she had to close the pool the year I broke my hip she found it and said we had to bring it inside. I bring in jalapeno plants that I grow in hanging pots.  They usually quit bearing peppers toward the end of winter but when I put them back outside they recover and produce all summer.

• Heart 1

On 12/12/2014 at 5:40 PM, Square Wheels said:

But, but, but it hurts.
I'm a sissy when if comes to pain.
I fell off almost 2 years and hadn't been back on until I built the railings a few weeks ago. I hurt my knee pretty bad.

The idea of riding in the greenhouse is very intriguing. I'm busy tomorrow but I just might try it next weekend.

That's a lot of glass!   :o  :o  :o