My frame is in pieces...

Former member

This must be exciting for you.

waiting sucks. The headtube was supposed to ship 12/15, but still no word from Enve. At this point I don't expect it to ship before the Monday after Christmas.

On a good note, my builder is eager to build this frame, and get my impressions. He is also going to loan me components to keep my current bike built up for comparison.

sometimes you have to sell/give away a bike to make room.

We need to know why, though, could impact some future purchases down the road.  I haven't ridden a Parlee, in fact, I know no one that has.  As far as I know, this mystical ride quality you hear so much about is a unicorn-yeti-bigfoot-Nessie hybrid.  I need first-hand accounts to add to my knowledge base.

waiting sucks. The headtube was supposed to ship 12/15, but still no word from Enve. At this point I don't expect it to ship before the Monday after Christmas.

On a good note, my builder is eager to build this frame, and get my impressions. He is also going to loan me components to keep my current bike built up for comparison.

I am calling your builder to make sure he loans you 2014 SRAM Force.

Why did he sell it?  Don't hold out, make with the details.

He had Campy EPS on it and it wasn't matching up well (nevermind the Parlee folks said it would). He continued to struggle with that and found a great deal on a BMC TMR01 and went back to riding BMC for his road bike. He liked it, he just didn't like that it was a compatibility issue that wasn't dislcosed upfront. They were great to deal with and the bike frame was great, just not a match for him.

He had Campy EPS on it and it wasn't matching up well (nevermind the Parlee folks said it would). He continued to struggle with that and found a great deal on a BMC TMR01 and went back to riding BMC for his road bike. He liked it, he just didn't like that it was a compatibility issue that wasn't dislcosed upfront. They were great to deal with and the bike frame was great, just not a match for him.

the Z5 is a great frame, but it's not a custom built frameset. It's made in Taiwan, and custom painted.