NFL Sunday

Road Runner

I was wrong.  Johnny didn't do too well.   :(

From the Sporting News:

You knew Johnny Manziel would take some lumps in his first NFL start for the Browns Sunday against the Bengals. 

But did you really think it would be this bad? The Bengals routed Manziel and the Browns, 30-0 and Manziel finished with 10 completions, 80 passing yards, two interceptions and three sacks. His quarterback rating was 27.3.

It was nice to see the Packers and 49ers lose. Both teams have complete douchebags at quarterback, so watching them fail is always fun.

I would agree that whatshisbutt is a complete douche, but Rogers seems alright to me, except for the stupid commercials.  It is nice to see the Bills beat them, though.

Well, now, we've got the Seahawks going into AZ for all the marbles.  Should be a great game.  If I'm a betting man, I'm placing it with my Hawks... simply because a 3rd string quarterback just isn't going to cut it unless he's the next Tom Brady.  Either way, I think we are going to the playoffs and I'm quite sure your team doesn't want to play us.  There are easier wins to be had out there.

• Heart 1

How many playoff victories does he have?

He is 1-3-0.

Lots of quarterbacks would love to have a .250 percentage in the playoffs, or just to get to the playoffs.  Lots of QB's that were picked in the draft at all that is.

Most people would say that 1 playoff victory in a 10+ year career is nothing to be proud of.

I just want to point out that SW marked this thread solved, not me, the OP.  This amounts to fraud and deceit on the part of the evil forum overlord.

This is evil overlordism at it's most evilist.   :angry:

I can only hope that one of the two-star guys will give SW the appropriate warning points! 

I just want to point out that SW marked this thread solved, not me, the OP.  This amounts to fraud and deceit on the part of the evil forum overlord.

This is evil overlordism at it's most evilist.   :angry:

I can only hope that one of the two-star guys will give SW the appropriate warning points! 

Agreed. - evil overlordisim at it's most evilest.  What would you expect from our master.

Many would be wrong. Many are not hampered by an egomaniacal, narcissisctic owner who has hamstrung his team for years out of vanity and jealousy and Jimmy Johnson.

Romo is also grossly overpaid for his performance. He makes more than Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Roethelisburger.

Good for him, but if he wasn't sucking up all that salary, Jerry might be able to get him some better teammates.

Romo is also grossly overpaid for his performance. He makes more than Rodgers, Brees, Brady, and Roethelisburger.

Good for him, but if he wasn't sucking up all that salary, Jerry might be able to get him some better teammates.

Thank you for proving my point.  Jerry Jones is the root of almost all of the Cowboys problems.  

I don't think Romo sucks. I believe he is a better than average NFL QB. He's not Brady or Rodgers, but he ain't bad.

better than average is true, but Tim Tebow has a better playoff record.

When Romo is good, he's worth having, but he hasn't done well in the postseason.

Obviously I've been spoiled by having Tom Brady, but many average QBs have had more success than Romo. Mark Sanchez has had far more success in the postseason.

you could have lost him, then who would you have if he signed with the Texans? Romo sucks, but he was your best option.

My best option is to have a good owner who signs checks and pays people who know football to run the team as a business, not an ego maniacal narcissist who wants to sit in his golden football shaped tower and have everyone bow at his feet and acknowledge his vast and mighty football wisdom.

Look at the string of fools that the head fool has brought in here to QB this team, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Anthony Wright, Vinny Testaverde, 

The Cowboys are owned and GM'ed by a buffoon who cannot see past the nose of his G6 and has enough money that it really does not matter.

All that said, Romo has turned out to be a good QB with the respect of his peers all across the league. 

My best option is to have a good owner who signs checks and pays people who know football to run the team as a business, not an ego maniacal narcissist who wants to sit in his golden football shaped tower and have everyone bow at his feet and acknowledge his vast and mighty football wisdom.

Look at the string of fools that the head fool has brought in here to QB this team, Quincy Carter, Chad Hutchinson, Anthony Wright, Vinny Testaverde, 

The Cowboys are owned and GM'ed by a buffoon who cannot see past the nose of his G6 and has enough money that it really does not matter.

All that said, Romo has turned out to be a good QB with the respect of his peers all across the league. 

And JJ has juuuuuuussssst enough success to reinforce his feelings that he knows what he is doing.

• Heart 1

At least he didn't draft Johnny Football

He learned his lesson with Deion Sanders.  If you draft a high profile player, or have a high profile coach, it takes the spotlight off your high profile owner.

No way was he going to let Johnny Football come in here and steal HIS headlines