NFL Sunday

Road Runner

Don't be such a tool.

The guy is playing great right now, but we'll see how things go.

I am not the one who said how overpaid he is.  His numbers are the best in the NFL right now.  He deserves every penny he gets.  Perhaps I was being a bit toolish, but still....

• Heart 1

I am not the one who said how overpaid he is.  His numbers are the best in the NFL right now.  He deserves every penny he gets.  Perhaps I was being a bit toolish, but still....

He's been overpaid for most of this contract, and the one before it. This year he's playing like the player he's been paid to be for many years..

Very few great QBs have losing postseason records. Manning and Marino are 2 that I can think of, and Romo isn't in their league.

You want a good laugh.  Look at the best QB ratings in the post season.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr/_/year/0/seasontype/3/type/alltime-season

Very few great QBs have losing postseason records. Manning and Marino are 2 that I can think of, and Romo isn't in their league.

But if Romo wins two more post season games then he would, by your definition, a great player.  Since his next post season game is probably against the Lions, Romo is really only one win away from your definition of an elite, hall of fame, great quarterback.

I think this is because both his names are athletic company names.  He is destined to win.  I will name my next child UnderArmor Nike.

They brought the subject of QB names on the Dan Patrick Show today.

So would Russell Wilson be as good or respected as he is if his name was Edgar Wilson?  Would Romo be better if he was Anthony Romo?  What if Brady was known as Tommy Brady?

But if Romo wins two more post season games then he would, by your definition, a great player. Since his next post season game is probably against the Lions, Romo is really only one win away from your definition of an elite, hall of fame, great quarterback.

hyperbole

How will one win give him a .500 postseason record? BTW, when did I say a .500 postseason record would make him elite HoF material? That is only one measuring stick, and very few great QBs have a sub .500 record in the postseason.

But if Romo wins two more post season games then he would, by your definition, a great player.  Since his next post season game is probably against the Lions, Romo is really only one win away from your definition of an elite, hall of fame, great quarterback.

Romo would help his cause a great deal if he won it all.  I personally do not put him into the same category as Dan Mario. Fact is, he folds like a tent under pressure -- and until he can remove his 'Greg Norman' persona -- he's not going to make it.

Romo would help his cause a great deal if he won it all.  I personally do not put him into the same category as Dan Mario. Fact is, he folds like a tent under pressure -- and until he can remove his 'Greg Norman' persona -- he's not going to make it.

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/11/24/dallas-cowboys-new-york-giants-week-12/

He is doing better already this year.  And they have won all their December games so far.

http://q.usatoday.com/2014/11/24/dallas-cowboys-new-york-giants-week-12/

He is doing better already this year.  And they have won all their December games so far.

You know what's making Tony a better player this year??  His offensive line. Seattle had trouble with that line. True, we had some injuries and I argue we are not the same team now as when we played the first time -- but that offensive line is the only thing out in the field that scares me as a Seahawk fan.  Because if we have to play again, the CowToys have the potential of controlling the game with that line.

• Heart 1

You know what's making Tony a better player this year??  His offensive line. Seattle had trouble with that line. True, we had some injuries and I argue we are not the same team now as when we played the first time -- but that offensive line is the only thing out in the field that scares me as a Seahawk fan.  Because if we have to play again, the CowToys have the potential of controlling the game with that line.

Well there is the line and there is the fact that Jerry Jones has the Krabbie Patty recipe!

Do you think Peyton is hurt and likely to be fine next season, or just old and his noodle arm is because of wear&tear?

In the past few years he's started the season strong, and faded later on.

That's a good question.  It's too early to tell IMHO.  Fact is, they spent big in Denver because they want a Super Bowl but I think they're going to be disappointed again.

I don't think the Broncos will win a playoff game.

Tom Brady will get his 4th ring in February.

Oh Boxy, how wrong you are.  Our Seahawks will shred you guys like we shred everybody else.  I heard the same chit out of Denver last year with the best offense in history,  What a joke that was.  When are you guys going to learn -- it's not about the quarterbacks?  It's about the defense.

You started it...

• Heart 1

Oh Boxy, how wrong you are. Our Seahawks will shred you guys like we shred everybody else. I heard the same chit out of Denver last year with the best offense in history, What a joke that was. When are you guys going to learn -- it's not about the quarterbacks? It's about the defense.

You started it...

keep talking. :rolleyes:

Seattle won't even be playing in Glendale.

keep talking. :rolleyes:

Seattle won't even be playing in Glendale.

Who in the NFC is going to beat us?  Aaron Rogers and the Pack?  In Seattle?  Get real.  For a second, I'll give your Pats a pass and lets just focus on the NFC.

The only team I give a chance is Dallas.  I say that because of their offensive line.  Offensive lines can control games.  Other than that, nobody in the NFC is going to come up to Seattle and win.  Not now.  Not the playoffs and not the way we are playing.

Of course if we lose tomorrow to the Lambs -- then all bets are off.   :D

How do you people become so knowledgeable about football, or any sport? I watch my home team play once a week and skip the pre and post game shows. I am so clueless.

I think that's smart.  The pregame and postgame crap is that -- crap.  All this sports bantering doesn't mean chit.  It's all hype.  It's all fun.  At the end of the day, I think you've got it right though.  Just let 'em play and see how it turns out.

How do you people become so knowledgeable about football, or any sport? I watch my home team play once a week and skip the pre and post game shows. I am so clueless.

In my case, after watching professional football for more than 50 years, I have developed a slight sense of what may happen.  Very slight and much of the time wrong, but a sense nonetheless.

In my case, after watching professional football for more than 50 years, I have developed a slight sense of what may happen.  Very slight and much of the time wrong, but a sense nonetheless.

Yep.  After 40 years in my case --the number of games, the newspapers, the websites, and the media take hold and you've seen enough of what works and what doesn't.  It's not always right but the majority of it is.  And I honestly don't follow it that closely anymore.

Boxy's just talking smack methinks. He can when his home team is the Pats. But I'd still take the Seahags over Pats 8 our of 10 times.

I agree here though. The CowToys lose to Redskins... because they already have the division locked up.

8 of 10 games??

You Seattle folks need to share some of that chronic you've been chiefing.

Anything can happen, but I suspect the Pats will play the Pack in Glendale.

8 of 10 games??

You Seattle folks need to share some of that chronic you've been chiefing.

Anything can happen, but I suspect the Pats will play the Pack in Glendale.

No.  I realize it's easy to call us homers... and there is some truth to it.  But we are once again leading the NFL in defense in all categories except one in which we finished 3rd.  We are playing better than last years team.  Besides, we lead the league in rushing -- it's not even close -- so not only will we shut you down -- we'll hold on to the ball and you'll never get it.

My last check... a team leading in defense for the second year in a row... and leading the NFL in rushing... wins.

I give the Pats a chance against us because it will be on a neutral site... but the Pack?  In Seattle?  Please.  They've got no hope.

Check it out.  Aaron Rogers hasn't done crap against us in Seattle.  Ok, since you probably won't look it up -- I will.

2012 REGULAR SEASON GAME LOG PASSING RUSHING DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD Sun 9/9

L 22-30 30 44 303 68.2 6.89 49 2 1 54.0 93.3 5 27 5.4 9 0 Thu 9/13 W 23-10 22 32 219 68.8 6.84 26 1 1 26.7 85.3 3 -6 -2.0 -2 0 Mon 9/24 L 12-14 26 39 223 66.7 5.72 31 0 0 51.8 81.5 2 17 8.5 16

2014 REGULAR SEASON GAME LOG PASSING RUSHING DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD Thu 9/4 L 16-36 23 33 189 69.7 5.73 23 1 1 47.9 81.5 0 0 0.0 0 0

So IF you think Aaron's going to do it against us -- think again.  And the Pack has a decent defense -- but not nearly good enough.

2012 REGULAR SEASON GAME LOG PASSING RUSHING DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD Sun 9/9

L 22-30 30 44 303 68.2 6.89 49 2 1 54.0 93.3 5 27 5.4 9 0 Thu 9/13 W 23-10 22 32 219 68.8 6.84 26 1 1 26.7 85.3 3 -6 -2.0 -2 0 Mon 9/24 L 12-14 26 39 223 66.7 5.72 31 0 0 51.8 81.5 2 17 8.5 16

2014 REGULAR SEASON GAME LOG PASSING RUSHING DATE OPP RESULT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT QBR RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD Thu 9/4 L 16-36 23 33 189 69.7 5.73 23 1 1 47.9 81.5 0 0 0.0 0 0

So IF you think Aaron's going to do it against us -- think again. And the Pack has a decent defense -- but not nearly good enough.
The Pack's defense is overrated because of their strong offense. When a team gets behind, it's easy to predict what their offense will do.

I don't think the last Seattle/GB game was a good sample of GB's offense.

Look, you live in Boston and I live in Seattle.  We just happen to have our teams in the top of the league.  I'm ok with you going for your Pats or anybody else rooting for their home teams.  It's ok with me if you respect the Pack because they beat you.   :D  :D

Seriously, though, I expect youze guys and us to make the conference finals and I'd go a step further and say we'll probably meet in the super bowl.  But as Berman says... "It's why the play the games!"

even, or a game advantage(1 way or the other) is realistic.

It's hard to take the opinion of people that say "we" ( referring to their favorite team) seriously.

I'm pretty objective.  We were so mediocre for so long that I know mediocre well.  In fact, I thought the Pete Carroll hire was a really bad idea.  But I think Seattle is going to be good and for awhile now.  They've locked up all their key defensive players (except Wagner who they will) for the next 3-4 years.  A good defense does not ensure you are champions but it does ensure you are always in it.