NFL Sunday

Road Runner

Look, you live in Boston and I live in Seattle. We just happen to have our teams in the top of the league. I'm ok with you going for your Pats or anybody else rooting for their home teams. It's ok with me if you respect the Pack because they beat you. :D:D

Seriously, though, I expect youze guys and us to make the conference finals and I'd go a step further and say we'll probably meet in the super bowl. But as Berman says... "It's why the play the games!"

in the NFC it's Seattle or Green Bay. The AFC is a little different. Pittsburgh can play really tough, and I wouldn't be shocked to see them play in the superbowl.

New England has a great team, but the offensive line is a coin flip. If the line holds up, NE is very tough to beat. If they get a lead early, the other team gets forced to pass, and I think only Big Ben or a healthy Manning could beat them.

BTW, I live 10.16 miles from the site of the Super Bowl, and work across the parking lot from there.

I'm pretty objective. We were so mediocre for so long that I know mediocre well. In fact, I thought the Pete Carroll hire was a really bad idea. But I think Seattle is going to be good and for awhile now. They've locked up all their key defensive players (except Wagner who they will) for the next 3-4 years. A good defense does not ensure you are champions but it does ensure you are always in it.

i'm glad you have a better Pete Carroll than the loser the Pats had.

BTW, I'm a lifelong Pats fan, and remember what it's like to love a team that loses more than they win.

i'm glad you have a better Pete Carroll than the loser the Pats had.

BTW, I'm a lifelong Pats fan, and remember what it's like to love a team that loses more than they win.

Me too!  I was totally wrong about him.  He was replaced by Parcells I believe whilst in New England.  Everybody thought Carroll (myself included) was just a rah-rah college coach.

I also fully recognize that when the Cardinals are at full strength... they are a force to be reckoned with.

I like the Cards because I live here, but until they get a real QB, it's hard to take them seriously. Palmer is OK, but by the time they get a really solid QB, Larry Fitzgerald could be gone. Right now they are able to win because of the defense, but a real QB would make that team great.

Me too! I was totally wrong about him. He was replaced by Parcells I believe whilst in New England. Everybody thought Carroll (myself included) was just a rah-rah college coach.

Carroll replaced Pacells, and lost Curtis Martin to him.

If Bill had Curtis Martin, I think he'd have 5 or 6 Super Bowl wins now. If GRONK was healthy in that last one, maybe another.

If Asante Samuel actually held on to the interception in the 2007 SB, it was game over.

the Pats gain nothing by winning today, but a Seattle loss and a win by AZ can change things a bit(unless I'm mistaken).

No, you are not.  Looks like the Cowboys are going to win -- no surprise there -- so Seattle needs to take care of business.  They will.  But having said that -- the pesky Rams have given us and everybody else in the division problems.

The Ravens suck.  I usually root for them but they are pathetic this year.  All they have to do is beat the Browns in Baltimore and they are blowing it.  The Chiefs are ahead of the Chargers and if the Chiefs win, the Ravens will make the playoffs if they beat the Browns.  They SUCK!!!

I hope the Chargers come back and beat the Chiefs.  They have been playing like a playoff team and the Ravens haven't.

The Ravens don't deserve to be in the playoffs.   :angry:  :angry:  :angry:  

Looks like the Cowboys are going to win -- no surprise there -- so Seattle needs to take care of business.  

In the past, the Foreskins would have at least given Dallas a run for its money, especially in Washington.  These franchises hate each other.  But the Redskins and Daniel Snyder are pure excrement.  I don't think this mess will ever be straightened out until a new owner takes over.  Snyder is ten times worse than Jerry Jones.

• Heart 1

Well, I'm just happy as hell to get through the Rams... the best team in America that doesn't ever do anything.  They've beat everyone in our division -- so while not a style point win -- a win nonetheless and puts the Stupor Bowl through Seattle.  The only other 2 times it came through Seattle ... produced 2 Seattle Super Bowl appearances.

• Heart 1

1 postseason victory in over 10 years???

Yep, he's overpaid. Pull your head out of your ass please.

Tim Tebow has had as much postseason success as Romo.

So Tebow has led the league in passing?  Won every road game in a season?  So he has won only 1 playoff game?  I think that is about to change.

Dallas has finally managed to get a great line, and has developed a balance offense.  Romo has learned a lot and he is not having to try and do it all himself.  The Cowboys should go far into the playoffs.

I will keep my  blue starred head up my silver ass for now.

1 postseason victory in over 10 years???

Yep, he's overpaid. Pull your head out of your ass please.

Tim Tebow has had as much postseason success as Romo.

And to be fair, I am very much a bandwagon jumper here.  I have said for years the Cowboys suck due to Jerry Jones.  Now somehow, they do not suck, Romo did not choke in December and I am trying to get on the bandwagon.  Thanks for being the voice of reason BoSox.

Question, so if they go the championship game or even the Superbowl, will your view of Romo change?

Question, so if they go the championship game or even the Superbowl, will your view of Romo change?

Not really. The Cowboys are having a great year, but it's not because of Romo really stepping up his game, as much as it is the team playing better around him. Yes Romo's numbers are better, but having DeMarco Murray playing like he is makes it a lot easier for him.

Not really. The Cowboys are having a great year, but it's not because of Romo really stepping up his game, as much as it is the team playing better around him. Yes Romo's numbers are better, but having DeMarco Murray playing like he is makes it a lot easier for him.

That offensive line is gonna be a problem for years to come, though.

And talk about hurting your resale value! Great way to go into free agency, labeled as a dirty player who the NFL has on a short leash!

I love seeing hard hitting players, but hate when it's dirty play.

Brandon Browner get flagged for a hit in the Pats/Chargers game that was borderline dirty. He made sholder-shoulder contact, but both player's momentum caused head contact. It overturned a pick6, but it wasn't a head-target hit. Plays like that need to be automatically reviewed to get the right call.

Browner was not fined, but the call took points off the board, and under review I think the flag should have been picked up.

I hate seeing the knee hits, and wish the players could just police themselves. Their are a few players that seem to make these hits far more than others.

Suh has been suspended for one game, probably the rest of the season for the Lions.  

You know what's bad about this?  The Lions aren't going to be at full strength when they play the Cowboys.  And that's too damn bad for that asshole.  This ruling couldn't be more deserving.  It's not the NFLs fault -- it's his.  What a dumbass.

I love seeing hard hitting players, but hate when it's dirty play.

Brandon Browner get flagged for a hit in the Pats/Chargers game that was borderline dirty. He made sholder-shoulder contact, but both player's momentum caused head contact. It overturned a pick6, but it wasn't a head-target hit. Plays like that need to be automatically reviewed to get the right call.

Browner was not fined, but the call took points off the board, and under review I think the flag should have been picked up.

I hate seeing the knee hits, and wish the players could just police themselves. Their are a few players that seem to make these hits far more than others.

The worst.  But when they put a premium on protecting the head area -- and they should -- the area of contact has been reduced and guys are going to go in lower.  It's gonna get worse I think.

The worst.  But when they put a premium on protecting the head area -- and they should -- the area of contact has been reduced and guys are going to go in lower.  It's gonna get worse I think.

They need to actually scale back on the safety level of the equipment.  If the guys were still in leather helmets with no facemasks, I do not think they would hit with such reckless abandon.

The worst. But when they put a premium on protecting the head area -- and they should -- the area of contact has been reduced and guys are going to go in lower. It's gonna get worse I think.

yep.

That hit on Le'veon Bell was cheap, but legal.

Nelson made a hit on Gronkowski's knee just like that, but without the same result. T.J. Ward tried to hurt Gronkowski again(JMO) but failed.

The knee shots are legal, but only a few douchewaffles do it regularly.

And talk about hurting your resale value!  Great way to go into free agency, labeled as a dirty player who the NFL has on a short leash!  

I think a lot of defensive coordinators like nasty players, and will happily sign him.  Oh, they will say things like "he knows we won't tolerate dirty play" and all, but unless he beats a kid and his girlfriend while doing heroin with a prostitute and it is caught on camera, he will have no problem getting a big contract.

They need to actually scale back on the safety level of the equipment.  If the guys were still in leather helmets with no facemasks, I do not think they would hit with such reckless abandon.

I have come full circle on this and agree.  The equipment is a major weapon.  It'll be interesting to see where football will be in 20 years.  Lawsuits could shut down the game.