NFL Sunday

Road Runner

Nope. And teams know it. It's a psychological thing with him. He can't handle success and I swear subconsciously he is out to destroy it. Otherwise, the guys good, man.

he is overpaid compared to other QBs, but he is a solid QB.

Not all great QBs are great in the big games. It's hard to argue that Peyton Manning isnt one of the best ever, but his history of choking in the biggest games is undeniable

he is overpaid compared to other QBs, but he is a solid QB.

Not all great QBs are great in the big games. It's hard to argue that Peyton Manning isnt one of the best ever, but his history of choking in the biggest games is undeniable

He is the 8th highest paid QB in the NFL.  This puts him at the bottom of the top quarter of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL.  Where should he be?  His team is leading the division.

He is the 8th highest paid QB in the NFL. This puts him at the bottom of the top quarter of the 32 starting QBs in the NFL. Where should he be? His team is leading the division.

i saw saw that he was paid 5th highest of QBs,and above 4 Super Bowl champions(Brees, Roethlisburger, Rodgers, and Brady).

He shoul be in the upper half, but there's no fucking way he deserves more than those 4.

Highest to lowest paid -  (all players)   http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000147197

1.  Aaron Rodgers

2.  Matt Ryan

3.  Joe Flacco

4.  Drew Brees

5.  Peyton Manning

6.  Colin Kaepernick

7.  Calvin Johnson

8.  Jay Cutler

9.  Tony Romo

10.  Matthew Satafford

11.  J.J. Watt

12.  Eli Manning

Highest to lowest paid - (all players) http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000147197

1. Aaron Rodgers
2. Matt Ryan
3. Joe Flacco
4. Drew Brees
5. Peyton Manning
6. Colin Kaepernick
7. Calvin Johnson
8. Jay Cutler
9. Tony Romo
10. Matthew Satafford
11. J.J. Watt
12. Eli Manning

I have seen a list with a different order.

Either way, that guy is way overpaid for the results he gets.

i saw saw that he was paid 5th highest of QBs,and above 4 Super Bowl champions(Brees, Roethlisburger, Rodgers, and Brady).

He shoul be in the upper half, but there's no fucking way he deserves more than those 4.

The contracts are so convoluted it is hard to say what a QB is paid per year.

Here is where I got my numbers and it attempts to average the salary out over the life of the contract including bonuses, prorated salary, etc.

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

If you click on Tony, his cap number salary for this year is  11.7million.  Do the same for Ben and you will see it is 18.9 million due to the way the contracts are structured.  So this year, Ben will actually make almost 7 million more than Tony but over the life of his CURRENT contract, Ben will make less.  

Clear as mud now?

The contracts are so convoluted it is hard to say what a QB is paid per year.

Here is where I got my numbers and it attempts to average the salary out over the life of the contract including bonuses, prorated salary, etc.

http://overthecap.com/position/quarterback/

If you click on Tony, his cap number salary for this year is  11.7million.  Do the same for Ben and you will see it is 18.9 million due to the way the contracts are structured.  So this year, Ben will actually make almost 7 million more than Tony but over the life of his CURRENT contract, Ben will make less.  

Clear as mud now?

In any event, who cares?  Romo is plenty good enough to win the SB if the team plays well enough, which it won't. 

In any event, who cares?  Romo is plenty good enough to win the SB if the team plays well enough, which it won't. 

Thanks for pointing me to a list that I already read, that disagrees with my much better list.

I am cautiously optimistic for the first time in a long time about the Cowboys.  Sunday at 6:30 or so, we will see if my optimism was well founded or just another pipe dream.

Highest to lowest paid -  (all players)   http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap1000000147197

1.  Aaron Rodgers

2.  Matt Ryan

3.  Joe Flacco

4.  Drew Brees

5.  Peyton Manning

6.  Colin Kaepernick

7.  Calvin Johnson

8.  Jay Cutler

9.  Tony Romo

10.  Matthew Satafford

11.  J.J. Watt

12.  Eli Manning

To me, ranks 3) and 6) are totally overpriced.

I really could care less about most pro sports, but I would really like to see the Falcons make the playoffs with their miserable record, like Ryan Newman almost embarrassed the NASCAR rulers with his run at the championship with no wins.  But, will the Falcons just give it up in hopes of a good draft pick next year?  :scratch head:

I totally agree with this statement but might throw a conditional on 12. Dude is pretty much up and down from year to year. Yes, I know it's dependent on the team around him but when Eli's bad, he's really bad.

I was just looking at the top ten.

Eli is the luckiest QB in history. Both Super Bowl wins were because of a great defensive line. In 2007 he got a crazy lucky catch, a few questionable calls, and a dropped interception that would have ended the game.

In the next one Wes Welker dropped a pass he always makes, and the Pats choked another Super Bowl away.

Both times the Giants won because their defensive line was just too much.

I don't see anyone picking up Cutlers contract. Seriously. This whole season has been a disappointment. I don't see the next few years being significantly better either.

And so it goes it Chicago sports. Well...anything sports wise that involves a ball.

Now if he could just get a ring.  Gulp.

That's hard, especially with the Packers and Seahawks playing so well right now.  But I have seen stranger things happen, such as Superbowl III (Namath and the Jets), SB XXXV (Ravens with Dilfer at QB), and SB XLII (Giants and the helmet catch).  

How many playoff wins in his 10 year career?

So is playoff wins the metric that was use to measure QB's?  He has been surrounded by trash for much of his career.  He now has some of the same tools that many of the first rounded DRAFTED qb's have but we have to live in the past?

Because he has done things this year that no other QB ever has done, games on the road with 4 td's record.  Passing completion percentage for the season is 70% or more, most games with a QB rating over 130.  

How many playoff games does he need to win to be considered a good QB.

I think in the past, he was trying to do it all and making poor decisions.  Yesterday he had two incompletions, both on tipped passes, one that should have been an int.  Not too shabby.  I also saw him hit the dirt and take a sack instead of making a bad throw.  He is learning and he also now has enough talent around him that he does not have to try and force the pass to come from behind.  He finally has the luxury of playing from a lead and he is proving to be a VERY good QB.

To be fair, for much of his career, Romo has had to deal with Jerry Jones as GM and coaches that have their hands tied.  If Romo didn't win the game for the Cowboys, then the Cowboys lost.

Exactly!  He was to quote Emmit, like a diamond surrounded by poo poo.  Jerry Jones was able to run Emmit Smith off with the shit that he put on the field, yet Romo is stll there and is finally got some talent around him.  Not sure the Cowboys will make it past Seattle, but at least they have a chance.

That game yesterday was impressive, and I don't care who you are, you have to admit it.

So is playoff wins the metric that was use to measure QB's?  He has been surrounded by trash for much of his career.  He now has some of the same tools that many of the first rounded DRAFTED qb's have but we have to live in the past?

Because he has done things this year that no other QB ever has done, games on the road with 4 td's record.  Passing completion percentage for the season is 79% or more, most games with a QB rating over 130.  

How many playoff games does he need to win to be considered a good QB.

I think in the past, he was trying to do it all and making poor decisions.  Yesterday he had two incompletions, both on tipped passes, one that should have been an int.  Not too shabby.  I also saw him hit the dirt and take a sack instead of making a bad throw.  He is learning and he also now has enough talent around him that he does not have to try and force the pass to come from behind.  He finally has the luxury of playing from a lead and he is proving to be a VERY good QB.

I'M not arguing with you.  YOU are the one that keeps saying he sucks!  

I'M not arguing with you.  YOU are the one that keeps saying he sucks!  

He does.  How many play off wins does he have?  Jerry Jones sucks and since Jerry is the Cowboys and Tony is a Cowboy, then Romo sucks and will continue to suck until Jerry hires a GM or learns to trust some other people to bring some talent to the field.