I am drinking a hot cup of bone broth right now

Randomguy

• 11 months later...
2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

I am right with ya on the bone broth.  I'm drinking a lot of it at the moment.  That collagen helps my knee right now.

I am starting an experiment by drinking it everyday, starting this week, and seeing if there is a detectible change in knee/joint pains.  It is nice that I have three options to purchase locally.  How long have you been drinking? 

• Heart 1

1 minute ago, Randomguy said:

I am starting an experiment by drinking it everyday, starting this week, and seeing if there is a detectible change in knee/joint pains.  It is nice that I have three options to purchase locally.  How long have you been drinking? 

About a month now.  I am doing this by just eating more homemade soup. Chicken soup!

So is this canned bone broth, or is the stuff in the cartons, or made using bones you get from the butcher, or like bouillon cubes, or what?

I recently had to have a camera on a pole shoved up my keister and had to basically drink Gatorade and bouillon for the day before, along with a shit load of laxatives.

I liked the bouillon.

11 minutes ago, jsharr said:

So is this canned bone broth, or is the stuff in the cartons, or made using bones you get from the butcher, or like bouillon cubes, or what?

I recently had to have a camera on a pole shoved up my keister and had to basically drink Gatorade and bouillon for the day before, along with a shit load of laxatives.

I liked the bouillon.

It is like bouillon, except it is not.  Bone broth is the real deal, simmering the bones for a couple of days to extract nutrients.  Supposed to be good for you.

http://denver.eater.com/2015/1/21/7861995/bone-broth-trend-crashes-into-boulder-with-three-new-options

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/12168515/bone-broth-soup-helping-los-angeles-lakers-kobe-bryant

25 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I liked the bouillon.

How do you know it was a pole and not a Russian or Armenian?

4 minutes ago, LMichael70 said:

Would my local grocery carry  Bone Broth?

Probably not, although Pacific bone broth showed up at mine in Brooklyn.  You would probably have to dig around a bit, but farmer's markets usually have a couple of folks that have some for sale.   http://www.pacificfoods.com/food/broths-stocks/bone-broths.aspx?gclid=CPiB1fzXu8kCFZKLaQodLRYCpA

2 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

Those Pacific broths are loaded with sodium.  That isn't the way I would recommend getting your bone broth. 

Do some bones in a crock pot.  Easy.

and don't stir it.  That will make it cloudy.

Yeah, they don't seem like the most authentic, but would do in a pinch.  I haven't looked for them here yet.