I still miss CL

Road Runner

Even though I didn't really know him, I still find myself thinking about Sonny and about his sad, grieving family several times a day.

His death seems to have affected me more than the deaths of several other people in my past that I actually knew and worked with on a daily basis.

He was just too damn young and alive to die.

I wonder if I will ever be able to come here and not think about him in some way.   

• Heart 1

Even though I didn't really know him, I still find myself thinking about Sonny and about his sad, grieving family several times a day.

His death seems to have affected me more than the deaths of several other people in my past that I actually knew and worked with on a daily basis.

I wonder if I will ever be able to come here and not think about him in some way.   

I feel ya bro. More than you can ever know.

I'm still completely shaken up over it. I've never been so affected by a forumite dying. I considered him one of my best online buds. We had many offline conversations via FB message or PMs on here and elsewhere. 

I contacted his daughter via FB to see about the possibility of us getting some letters or something together to send them, but she said her mother is VERY PRIVATE (like you, RR) and didn't want to give out her address. She did say, however, that I could email them to her and she and her mom could read them that way. She said she'd like to hear stories of that very much.

• Heart 1

You can think of his masked countenance hanging like a moon over the forum. :)

We lost a friend, it affects us all differently.  I know he died on a bike, and that is a kind way to go.  I have been taking indoor training classes for a couple of years.  Now when I go I think of him each time.  I only think happy thoughts.  I believe people who have passed away can still see us, and they'll be pissed if I waste what I have.  This i one of the things that helps me get through each day.  I'm not a religious person, and I don't believe it's over when we die.  I believe everything and everyone is inter-related and live on forever.  He is now a part of me, and I won't let him down.

• Heart 2

I'd like to suggest if CL's death weighs on or saddens you, then turn the emotional energy around into something positive.  For example, call the local chapter of the American Heart Association and ask what volunteer help they need.  Get them to rattle off several options, then pick something and go volunteer.  Help however you can with CL in mind.  And when you're done you can look up and say "Hey, that was for you..."

From what people wrote he seemed a considerate person who would readily help a person in need.  Take that as inspiration to gather up your talents and act as his hands to help someone as he would have. 

Indeed, some things are easier said than done.  I don't think one could do any harm by trying.  Perhaps in the end it might make no difference at all in how you feel, and it might make very little difference in a vast world, but there's a chance you might make a big difference in somebody's life.