Got gas?

Road Runner

I don't drive much, but the cost of fuel will still affect me.

Declining gas prices also means declining crude oil prices. I'm not sure how much lower the crude price can drop before there are going to be some significant layoffs in the Alberta oil fields and refineries. This will have ramifications throughout our economy.

This is only one factor. There are others as well.

I don't drive much, but the cost of fuel will still affect me.

Declining gas prices also means declining crude oil prices. I'm not sure how much lower the crude price can drop before there are going to be some significant layoffs in the Alberta oil fields and refineries. This will have ramifications throughout our economy.

This is only one factor. There are others as well.

You have that economic analysis backwards but...

I was reading a piece a week ago that stated that some of the new producers in the Dakotas could sustain a price as low as $28 a barrel.  That might but a crimp on exploration, which is what OPEC wants, but current efforts aren't going to shut down existing drilling operations when they are close to reaching production.  

You have that economic analysis backwards but...

I was reading a piece a week ago that stated that some of the new producers in the Dakotas could sustain a price as low as $28 a barrel.  That might but a crimp on exploration, which is what OPEC wants, but current efforts aren't going to shut down existing drilling operations when they are close to reaching production.  

We have been working on a deal to finance wells in North Texas / West Texas.  When we started late this summer, the price was $90.  By the time we got all the pieces in place, price was in the upper 70s but the drop delayed the deal and today's prices killed the deal.   

We have been working on a deal to finance wells in North Texas / West Texas.  When we started late this summer, the price was $90.  By the time we got all the pieces in place, price was in the upper 70s but the drop delayed the deal and today's prices killed the deal.   

These are new wells, correct?

They would have been.  They were never drilled.  It took several months to work up the pitch book, etc and by the time that was done and presented to investors, the price had fallen too low for the deal to be viable.

You should take your money and invest in pork bellies or some other solid commodity.

That's a pretty good price for BJs.

I guess that was meant to be silly, but actually it is the best price around here.  The advertised price is 2.249, but I get 10 cents off per gallon by using my BJs credit card.  

The BJs where I go, they have 16 lanes/pumps and you pretty much always have to wait in line.