Looks like Pelini is taking the YSU job

a bunch of numbers

That's great news for YSU.  Glad to see it.  That should make some local talent want to stay local.  So, with Jim Tressel now the school president, and Pelini as head football coach, that's a lot of coaching talent at YSU.

I didn't realize this.  Since when does someone with only a masters degree get hired as a university president.  He was in the running for the coaching position at UoAkron when YSU hired him.  University president vs. football coach…..university president vs. football coach……university president vs. football coach?

He's still a slime bag.

I didn't realize this.  Since when does someone with only a masters degree get hired as a university president.  He was in the running for the coaching position at UoAkron when YSU hired him.  University president vs. football coach…..university president vs. football coach……university president vs. football coach?

He's still a slime bag.

Tressel was teaching at Akron and was also a finalist for their president.  I don't think he was going to try and coach there.  He does no wrong in Youngstown.  Are you from Michigan?

Wth would you say that?  I know you live in Michigan and all, but even still, your comment is unwarranted and possibly illegal.

Just to pick a few…..

"The NCAA hit Ohio State with a one-year bowl ban and additional penalties Tuesday for violations that started with eight players taking a total of $14,000 in cash and tattoos in exchange for jerseys, rings and other Buckeyes memorabilia.

Tressel was tipped to the violations in April 2010 but didn't tell anyone — even after the athletes got caught last December….."

"Tressel's history of running afoul of the NCAA - in severity as well as duration of such problems, as recently as this year - make his hire by UCLA a non-starter."

Just to pick a few…..

"The NCAA hit Ohio State with a one-year bowl ban and additional penalties Tuesday for violations that started with eight players taking a total of $14,000 in cash and tattoos in exchange for jerseys, rings and other Buckeyes memorabilia.

Tressel was tipped to the violations in April 2010 but didn't tell anyone — even after the athletes got caught last December….."

"Tressel's history of running afoul of the NCAA - in severity as well as duration of such problems, as recently as this year - make his hire by UCLA a non-starter."

Uh...bfd.  He was a coach in a flawed system.  So what?  How does that make him a scumbag?