I LOVE the Salvation Army red kettle bell ringers

AirwickWithCheese
Go to solution Solved by Kirby,

But, I've been busy this year and didn't ring the bell until Monday the 15th.
It was such an awesome nostalgic Christmas treat I feel I cheated myself with such a late start.

So, I'm doubling up and hitting 4-5 a day from now till Christmas.

Yay!

(RG you suck)

Merry Christmas.

• Heart 4

I love to stick money in those red pots.  So do my boys.  And I love to thank the person ringing the bell.

I do too.  But I am a very suspicious person, so the thought always goes through my head that all those donations are cash and untraceable so who's to know if the bell ringer was to run off with a big portion or all of the money?    :(

I love to stick money in those red pots.  So do my boys.  And I love to thank the person ringing the bell.

You thank the jerk for shattering the peace?  I wish everyone would take an air-horn and put it up right up to the bell-ringers ears and blast that continually.  "Oh, does that disturb you, asshole?"

An you fool calls me mean and nasty!  You should be ashamed of yourselves.  The bell ringers stand in the blowing snow and cold, donating their own time to help raise funds to support those less fortunate that yourselves.

It's a blessing to be able to put some cash in the red kettle and it was always an opportunity to teach my kids to be generous.

• Heart 3

An you fool calls me mean and nasty!  You should be ashamed of yourselves.  The bell ringers stand in the blowing snow and cold, donating their own time to help raise funds to support those less fortunate that yourselves.

It's a blessing to be able to put some cash in the red kettle and it was always an opportunity to teach my kids to be generous.

Wrong.  I don't want them, they are a nuisance and should be outlawed.  There is something very wrong with any organization that needs to ring bells in our ears continually, they need to stfu permanently.  Be annoying in public for a brief period is one thing, but all day?  Everywhere?  What BS.  Supporters of this should feel everlasting shame, as they encourage this disdainful and tawdry begging and shattering whatever sense of calm the environment can bring.

Wrong.  I don't want them, they are a nuisance and should be outlawed.  There is something very wrong with any organization that needs to ring bells in our ears continually, they need to stfu permanently.  Be annoying in public for a brief period is one thing, but all day?  Everywhere?  What BS.  Supporters of this should feel everlasting shame, as they encourage this disdainful and tawdry begging and shattering whatever sense of calm the environment can bring.

That that crap up with the business owners that allow them to use their space or just don't frequent the business that allow this.

Speaking of being noisy and obnoxious…….

SalvationBellRinger02.jpg

Who are you and what did you do with Kzoo?   :scratch head:

• Heart 1

Almost as bad as parents who bring a shrieking baby to a movie theater, a restaurant, or on an airplane and proceed to inflict the squalling child's piercing decibels on everyone within a foghorn's radius.

• Solution

When Superstorm Sandy hit the region, my town was out of power for a number of days.  The Salvation Army set up in a big condo complex that has a big population of the elderly and served hot meals, hot drinks and set up cots.  I never went down there but a number of my neighbors did, and one elderly lady who lives nearby really was thankful for the help.  I've appreciated what they did to provide practical support for the elderly in the community (they were the only organization who really did anything to help people in town), so I always donate when I see one of the bell ringers.

• Heart 1

Almost as bad as parents who bring a shrieking baby to a movie theater, a restaurant, or on an airplane and proceed to inflict the squalling child's piercing decibels on everyone within a foghorn's radius.

Yeah, TK has the right idea, we should ban babies along with those bastard asshole jerk-butt bell-ringers.  Babies are horrible people, almost as bad as Salvation Army types.