SW Prayer / Vibe / Good Thought Request

jsharr

Got a call from my mom tonight.  My father has been feeling ill, coughing, etc.   Called today to get an appointment for tomorrow.  This evening collapsed while walking across the den.  Paramedics came and transported him to the ER.  He is being admitted to the hospiltal due to pnuemonia.

Please say a prayer for my parents.  Healing for Dad and rest for Mom.  She will not ask for help and will run herself into the ground if allowed.

I am about to call my brother and may just head down there, as my brother is on a big job in San Antonio right now.

Positive vibes.  I think that's the trouble with us "old" men.  We're too stubborn to go to the doctor when we feel bad because we don't want to be perceived as being weak, but sometimes it's best to swallow one's pride and do the sensible thing.  He'll be fine.    

• Heart 1

Spoke to mom this AM.  She is heading to hospital to check on Dad.  Depending on what I hear, may drive down today or wait until this weekend.  It is only 100 miles or so door to door.

On a very cool, proud dad, teary eyed note, Wade asked if Grand Daddy was going to die.  I told him that no matter what happened, Grand Daddy would be okay and told him the best thing he can do right now is pray.

He asked if he could go help in any way and I told him sure, so he grabbed the phone, called my mom and asked if he could come stay with her and help with cooking, cleaning, housework, whatever.

It was a very sweet moment.

Very cool. You raised that kid right, however, when PapaJsharr is upright again we need to have a talk with him about you...

Prayers to your Papa...

• Heart 2

Just talked to mom.

Dad is doing much better this morning. 

He had a temp of 102 when paramedics got to their house.  Was up to 103 by the time they got to hospital in Athens.  They immediately suspected pnuemonia,  Found pnuemonia in one lung and started intraveinous antibiotics last night. . He will be on them for 48 hours.  Also testing his blood due to low white cell count to see if infection has spread to his blood.  If so, then they will adress that and it may be another 24 hours on antibiotics.  Probably won't be home until Sunday at this point.

Mom is doing okay.  I had to talk her out of doing her Meals on Wheels rounds this morning, and when I talked to her, she had just left WalMart where she was shopping for presents for the grand kids and on her way to the grocery store to get  a turkey to make turkey and dressing for Christmas dinner.......

Her Puritan work ethic is going to kill her before she hits 100....

Anyway, thank you all for your prayers, vibes, well wishes, etc.  Keep em coming.  Dad aint out of the woods yet, but it sounds better.

• Heart 2

Talked to mom last night and this AM.  Dad is looking better and sounding better.  His fever broke and his temp was normal all day yesterday.   They are waiting to speak with the doctor today after he reviews the chest x rays. He may get to go home today but I would suspect it will be sometime on Saturday and I expect he will be very weak for quite some time.

Wade and I are heading down there tonight or tomorrow AM, depending on what we hear this afternoon to spend the weekend with my parents. 

• Heart 1

Just talked to my brother.  We are both leaving work at 3 and heading home to pack bags.  He is picking Wade and I up at 4 and we are heading to East Texas to be at the house when Dad gets home.  Not sure he will be in shape to get up the steps from the garage to the house and do not want Mom to face that alone.

• Heart 2

Talked to mom last night and this AM.  Dad is looking better and sounding better.  His fever broke and his temp was normal all day yesterday.   They are waiting to speak with the doctor today after he reviews the chest x rays. He may get to go home today but I would suspect it will be sometime on Saturday and I expect he will be very weak for quite some time.

Wade and I are heading down there tonight or tomorrow AM, depending on what we hear this afternoon to spend the weekend with my parents. 

Why come I can't "like" this?  What has happened here?