Am I gay?

Square Wheels

Back when I first got my greyhounds, I sort of joined an unofficial greyhound meetup at our local dog park (this was back in FL before I moved to WA). Two of the people in that group were young women (in their early 20s at the time). I'm still friends with one of them on FB.

I remember her telling me a year or two ago that when her and the other girl first met me, they thought I was gay. I asked why? She just said "single guy...with two greyhounds".

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

I think going to a gay bar would be awesome.  When I went to straight bars / clubs many lifetimes ago women rarely checked me out or hit on me.  I'd hope my chances would be better in a male gay bar / club.

I had some lesbian friends when I lived in DC.  They took be to a lesbian dance bar in SE DC quite a few times.  It was fun.

I scored 21 and I was doing my best to answer them in a macho fashion.  Some of the questions, I wasn't sure what the straight answer was supposed to be.   :(

I have a sneaky suspicion that getting a score of 0% is impossible.   

Ed Zachary.  32%  Puh-lease. :D

(My neighbour told me I looked gay with my small dog in my del Sol with the roof off. :rolleyes: )

• Heart 1
  • Haha 1

28%.

I've been to a number of gay bar with some friends who are beyond gay. Damn....that was a lot of fun...strange, but fun.

Word of caution tho, if you ever make it to Kansas City and you want to go to a real cowboy bar....and you're a homophobe...do not go to the bar on S. Main St. that has the Marlboro Man cut-out in front of it. Tex was wearing chaps. Nothing else, mind you, just chaps. The beer was properly cold, tho.

• 3 years later...

...I know this is an old thread.  Had I been aware of it when new, I could have told you that test is a crock.

Your gay quotient as a cyclist is an increasing function of how much Lycra spandex you wear, how long you wear it, and the material structure of your bike frame.

If you spend more than six or eight hours weekly with your ass wrapped in spandex, you're at about 80% gay.  But if you do it on a steel frame, that drops it down to about 45%.

If you ride in a pack, drafting, you get to 100% gay in about 30 minutes, unless the ass you're following is female.

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 2

On 12/18/2014 at 3:06 PM, Square Wheels said:

I think going to a gay bar would be awesome.  When I went to straight bars / clubs many lifetimes ago women rarely checked me out or hit on me.  I'd hope my chances would be better in a male gay bar / club.

When I was on a contract job in FL there was a Restaurant/Bar close to my Residence Inn that had different events on every night of the week.  I used to go there and have dinner at the bar on Wednesday, Karaoke Night which was in fact dominated by about 50 women every week.  The food was good.  The acts were usually quite good.  The real fun however was watching non regular guys come in, look around, obviously think they had found the mother load, get shot down repeatedly and eventually leave, never understanding what they had walked into.  I was on that job for almost a year and became conversationally friendly with some of the women.  They were quite charming to a mid 50's old married guy who was no competition at all.  It was one of the better nights of each week.

1 hour ago, Page Turner said:

...I know this is an old thread.  Had I been aware of it when new, I could have told you that test is a crock.

Your gay quotient as a cyclist is an increasing function of how much Lycra spandex you wear, how long you wear it, and the material structure of your bike frame.

If you spend more than six or eight hours weekly with your ass wrapped in spandex, you're at about 80% gay.  But if you do it on a steel frame, that drops it down to about 45%.

If you ride in a pack, drafting, you get to 100% gay in about 30 minutes, unless the ass you're following is female.

100% this.

3 hours ago, Page Turner said:

This is one of those lines I use in contentious discussions with elitists. I mean, "grabbing a wheel" is a euphemism. Right?

• Heart 1

On 12/18/2014 at 2:53 PM, KrAzY said:

This link will help you figure it out... please post the results! 

I have been awake for 5 minutes and feel like crap for more reasons than you want to know.

I couldn't finish your test, that was hysterical. I'll finish it later.

Feeling like crap and smiling, odd combo.

I couldn't stop, 35% gay.

I have an excuse, they shot me full of girl hormones as part of the prostate cancer thing. Which really, really, really sucked. I can't imagine anyone choosing to do that.

Edit: roadrunner, old age is not for wimps. I am having a root canal manana, and cataract surgery later in the month. OTOH, yesterday was great. You take the good with the bad, until you can't.

• Sad 1

On 12/18/2014 at 2:40 PM, Square Wheels said:

I don't think I am, but a friend told me she thought I was a long time ago.  I was talking with her about it a few weeks ago, we chuckled.

What if part if me is gay, like my elbow, or my fingernails, or the little toe on my left foot.  How would I know?

I can't believe I wrote this, I think my account was hacked.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1