I killed a mouse this afternoon

petitepedal

:(  It was cute.

:frantics:  But we have a few too many.  Seems like 3rd floor of our north wing. A resident's daughter came to see what to do...it was sitting in the hallway..and not too scared of people.  I caught it with a glue trap and put it in a bag...and sent it down the trash shute.  Being a good catholic...I made the sign of the cross as I shut the door :P

• Heart 2

I hate Meese's to Peese's. Loved that cartoon.

Mice rats and other vermin spread and carry nasty things the we humans don't need. Yeah...mice are cute, what with their big brown eye and all...but you don't need them in the house.

• Heart 1

Want a cat?  I have a whole back deck full of them now.  They seem to have found a home.  I could ship you one, or two.  They are really nice looking cats.  I think they were living off what they could catch until we felt sorry for them and started feeding them when the weather got cold.  Two of them let me pet them the other ones all still run when I go out on the deck.

• Heart 1

I hate Meese's to Peese's. Loved that cartoon.

Mice rats and other vermin spread and carry nasty things the we humans don't need. Yeah...mice are cute, what with their big brown eye and all...but you don't need them in the house.

Heavens to Murgatory!

(What the heck does that mean, anyhoo? :scratch head::dontknow:

Snagglepuss is a Hanna-Barbera cartoon character created in 1959,[2] a pink anthropomorphic mountain lion sporting an upturned collar, shirt cuffs and a string tie. He is voiced by Daws Butler,[1] and is best known for his famous catchphrase, "Heavens to Murgatroyd!",[1] along with phrases such as "Exit, stage left!" and "Heavens to Betsy!".[3] Snagglepuss was originally known as "Snaggletooth" (a pink lion precursor).[4]

I'm with SQ on this one.  People, in general, are arrogant.  Who says it's the humans house?  I suspect the mice were living in the field first when they were displaced.  They are now simply trying to survive.  We are bigger and stronger so we get to decide how the rest of all species gets to survive?

My take:

1 - People, in general, are arrogant.  - That is a lousy generalization and has no bearing on the subject

2 - Who says it's the humans house?  - The deed that's filed at my county seat

3 - I suspect the mice were living in the field first when they were displaced.  - There is plenty of field left for them to live and they are welcome to stay there unmolested

4 - They are now simply trying to survive.  - As am I and my family without their germ ridden bodies running through my house

5 - We are bigger and stronger so we get to decide how the rest of all species gets to survive? - You got that right.

I'm with SQ on this one.  People, in general, are arrogant.  Who says it's the humans house?  I suspect the mice were living in the field first when they were displaced.  They are now simply trying to survive.  We are bigger and stronger so we get to decide how the rest of all species gets to survive?

In my house, yes.  But I am not a speciesist.  If you sneak in through a window or door, I'm probably going to do my best to kill you, too.

• Heart 1

1 - People, in general, are arrogant.  - That is a lousy generalization and has no bearing on the subject

You are entitled to your opinion, wrong though it may be.

Why do people get to decide who lives and dies?  Let's say I'm bigger than you or have a bigger gun.  I can then come take your house and your life?  Aside from the societal rules (which we also made), there would be nothing stopping me from killing you and disposing of you in a garbage chute.

Why do people get to decide who lives and dies?  Let's say I'm bigger than you or have a bigger gun.  I can then come take your house and your life?  Aside from the societal rules (which we also made), there would be nothing stopping me from killing you and disposing of you in a garbage chute.

Because that's the way it is.  I didn't make the rules.  It's like that bumper sticker "Love wins"  No it does't.  I'm all for loving our neighbor as you love yourself.  Just remember that your neighbor might be there to take you out.

You may not like the rules of the jungle but they are still the rules.  Saying it isn't so doesn't change them.

WTF are you talking about?  This happens every day!  It has nothing to do with people wanting to keep vermin out of their living area. 

Because that's the way it is.  I didn't make the rules.  It's like that bumper sticker "Love wins"  No it does't.  I'm all for loving our neighbor as you love yourself.  Just remember that your neighbor might be there to take you out.

You may not like the rules of the jungle but they are still the rules.  Saying it isn't so doesn't change them.

It doesn't have to be this way - we make it this way.  Sounds like you live in fear.  Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu!

It doesn't have to be this way - we make it this way.  Sounds like you live in fear.  Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu!

SQ seriously, I have no reason to live in fear but that is for another post in another section of the forum.  As for being that way - I didn't make it that way and you didn't make it that way, but to believe that it isn't that way is living with your head in the sand.  There are people in Syria or in our inner cities that would love to sit down with you and have a nice discussion about this with you - NOT.

• Heart 1

SQ seriously, I have no reason to live in fear but that is for another post in another section of the forum.  As for being that way - I didn't make it that way and you didn't make it that way, but to believe that it isn't that way is living with your head in the sand.  There are people in Syria or in our inner cities that would love to sit down with you and have a nice discussion about this with you - NOT.

We all have the power to make changes in our own lives, the way we live, the way we think, the way we treat other beings

• Heart 1