What is it with chicks and phones?

Randomguy

You will have to more specific.  Do you mean chicks constantly yapping on phones?  Do you mean chicks always on the friggin' facebook during family time?  Do you mean chicks constantly texting friends while you are trying to talk to them?  Do you mean chicks calling thier moms right when they know you have to leave? 

Not that I've had any of these issues, just wondering...

You will have to more specific.   just wondering...

Yesterday, the chick that babysits forgot her phone at home.  Today, Randomwife's phone is dead, she left her charger at work.  Her phone is constantly out of power, she lets it run down, then goes into panic mode when it unsurprisingly dies in her hand.  She also yaps with her sister a lot.  Too much, really, her sister is a pain in the ass.

Yesterday, the chick that babysits forgot her phone at home.  Today, Randomwife's phone is dead, she left her charger at work.  Her phone is constantly out of power, she lets it run down, then goes into panic mode when it unsurprisingly dies in her hand.  She also yaps with her sister a lot.  Too much, really, her sister is a pain in the ass.

Oh yea.  I got it, the "I could not answer your text, I only had 3% power left".  I get that.

WoJSTL puts her cell phone in a metal locker at work. It spends the next 8 hours searching for a signal and is often dead by the end of the shift. Then she forgets to recharge the phone either in the car or at home.

At home she frequently leaves the cordless phones off the charger and can't figure out why they go dead in the middle of a conversation.

BTW: We still have a land line as WoJSTL thinks cell phones are unreliable. Reread the first two paragraphs again. :blink:  

They are just a machine to chicks, like cars or stereos or personal devices.  Once they break, they have to wait for a man to come along and fix the problem.  We change their tires, and show them the A/B speaker button and how to unscrew the bottom and put two C cells in both facing the same way and rob them of the chance to empower themselves and problem solve.  I say we start to leave them stranded on the road side, sitting in silence with no buzzing happy friend and let them think about remembering to charge their phone and take it with them.

I just wish they wouldn't talk during a movie or tv show, or understand that when I am on the phone, I am talking to someone else.

My absolute favorite is when you are talking to someone, obviously trying to concentrate on what they are saying and the wife keeps saying "
who is it?"  or trys to have you relay a message to them. 

Tell her to put it in airplane mode before putting it in the locker.

If I tell WoJSTL anything the least bit technical, I get the deer in the headlight look. She would probably say that she's going to work and not on an aircraft. I tell her just to turn it off, and I've shown her how, or to just leave it in the car. Even that is too much a lot of the time.

If I tell WoJSTL anything the least bit technical, I get the deer in the headlight look. She would probably say that she's going to work and not on an aircraft. I tell her just to turn it off, and I've shown her how, or to just leave it in the car. Even that is too much a lot of the time.

I'm surprised you never started any threads like "Life with WO2". :)

I think I will go bump one up now. :D

So is it legal and/or ethical to post this link here?  :)

http://forums.bicycling.com/topic/54635607121324299

I don't know what she does, but my wife's phone has epic battery life. Its always fully charged. Mine on the other hand can drain in a hurry. And hers is supposed to be the one with the pooreer battery life.

Both have car chargers and chargers at work, so a dead phone is never an issue

Me too, they are mostly nice people that don't deserve that hideous software.  It's almost like Rodale picked the worst crap they could find hoping i would kill of their forums.

It was either JiveSoftware or the one before it that used to eat posts!  Now THAT was bad!

The software doesn't seem actively bad, just sort of lackluster.  But this one is pretty slick.

I don't know what she does, but my wife's phone has epic battery life. Its always fully charged. Mine on the other hand can drain in a hurry. And hers is supposed to be the one with the pooreer battery life.

If it's a smart phone, turn off GPS, Wi-Fi, and Bluetooth until you need them. Actually I leave Bluetooth on most of the time as I like it to automatically sync with my car when I get in. 

It was either JiveSoftware or the one before it that used to eat posts!  Now THAT was bad!

The software doesn't seem actively bad, just sort of lackluster.  But this one is pretty slick.

It makes my eyes hurt over there.  I can't understand why they didn't come over for the non-hurty UI, maybe one day they will.