Weekend plans..Epiphany for some Christmas for others

petitepedal

Funeral for brother in law tomorrow. Wife is feeling pretty down over not being able to attend, the funeral is being held about 3 hours away, and everyone is in a rush so she won't even see her brother or sisters.

No plans for weekend, some shop work and try to get a walk in. 

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 3

2nd Son starts floor hockey practice Sunday evening. He’s really looking forward to it and has been sleeping in his practice pants and team shirt for weeks. 

I took the ornaments and Christmas decor down on NYE, but left the lights up for NYD. I wanted to leave them up through Epiphany, but the tree recycling program at the city convenience centers ends tomorrow, so we took down the lights and hauled the tree to recycling a few days ago. I miss the lights. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

1 minute ago, MoseySusan said:

Is this an organized event, or a group challenge? Where are you riding? 

It is a RUSA brevet, organized by Arizona Brevet and Randonnee.  In this brevet there is one sag stop.  In most brevets there are no sag stops, but convenient stores along the way. 

RUSA is Ranodonneering USA.  There will be plenty of brevets this year as it is a PBP year (Paris-Brest-Paris). To qualify you must complete the brevet series, 200K, 300K, 400K, and 600K rides (sanctioned ACP events) by mid June of the year. PBP is a 1200K brevet, very challenging, with a 90 hour time limit.

• Heart 2

14 hours ago, petitepedal said:

What are you doing?

This is the Bank America "Museums on us" weekend, I think.  The gf and I will pick a museum to check out, I s'pose.  If you have a Bank America card, you get free entry into some museums the first full weekend of every month.

https://about.bankofamerica.com/en/making-an-impact/museums-on-us-partners

image.png.5c96e3bef039efe77c979c2c1b8db288.png

• Heart 2
  • Awesome 1

Just now, Randomguy said:

This is the Bank America "Museums on us" weekend, I think.  The gf and I will pick a museum to check out, I s'pose.  If you have a Bank America card, you get free entry into some museums.

https://about.bankofamerica.com/en/making-an-impact/museums-on-us-partners

image.png.5c96e3bef039efe77c979c2c1b8db288.png

WOW! Never saw this before.

Sure, DC is packed with free museums, but I'll need to see the map and look for other options available. 

• Heart 1