Pi Chart

2Far

In my college drafting days we didn't have buttons.  We had slide rules.

That 's a shame

Not that bad really, Most of my instructors always allowed for "slide rule accuracy".  We used to have competitions between people using calculators and slide rules to see who could get the answer the fastest.  The slide usually won, accepting "slide rule accuracy", of course.

Not that bad really, Most of my instructors always allowed for "slide rule accuracy".  We used to have competitions between people using calculators and slide rules to see who could get the answer the fastest.  The slide usually won, accepting "slide rule accuracy", of course.

Ya, slide rules were good enough for NASA, they were good enough for us.

Plus they made you actually have to think a little bit, versus calculators.  Keeping track of the scientific notation was important.

My desk calculator goes to 9 places.  I think I have only had to use scientific notation maybe once in the last several years.

Excel - expand the cells…….

The top line I have covered. The older I get, the more I don't need that many significant digits of Pi. 3.14 suffices for the calculations I do. But my calculator Pi button uses 9 places ;)

3.1416 was all I ever needed in my previous career.

Just round that figure.

Just round Pi to 3 and be done with it. That should simplify things.