Is this really my cat? Cold feet session

Dirtyhip
Go to solution Solved by Airehead,

Outdoor cat = being eaten by coyotes or a fox or Sasquatch within two - four years, tops.  Try not to get too attached.  Finding an indoor home is a good idea for longevity. 

Waffle sounds like a good kitty.  If you get sucked in by a cat, you could do much worse. 

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1

All true. And for whatever reason you gave Waffle sustaining attention instead of bringing him to animal control, stepping into his life as surely as he stepped into yours. I hope the foster care continues to work out and Waffle knows home while waiting for his forever family.

• Heart 2

35 minutes ago, Longjohn said:

Oreo was an Outdoor/feral cat for at least six years until he adopted me. He has been an inside outside cat for three years. He knows how to survive.

Pretty much same for Gray Cat.

He has become more of an indoor cat. He ain't no dummy. 😸

• Heart 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

.  Last night, had moved from the towel to my lap and fell asleep on me.  I couldn't move for the longest time until my leg was asleep. 

It's official. You're a cat lady. 

Here's the thing about a Lab: they shed like crazy. I would never have thought that, but my mom had one for a while a long time ago. I was shocked.

If they guy from work fills out all of the adoption papers and meets your strict approval, then we approve also. 😎

• Heart 1

8 hours ago, jsharr said:

You are a foster parent doing a good thing.  Waffle will find has found a house

Fixed it for @Dirtyhip   :)

7 hours ago, Dirtyhip said:

Cats need indoor litter boxes, apparently.  :unsure:

When we had our outdoor cats, we had an outdoor litter box.  It was used a LOT.  That tells me some of the cats were indeed dumped of in the neighborhood. 

6 hours ago, Randomguy said:

Outdoor cat = being eaten by coyotes or a fox or Sasquatch within two - four years, tops.

Yeah... sad but true.  Enough said about that...   :(

I suggest you start a YouTube channel for him.  From what I hear, Cat Videos make LOTS of money.  

I wanted to start a YouTube channel for my cats but I was told I wasn't allowed too by a certain someone who I must do exactly what she tells me to do if I know what is good for me.

Anyway, I suggest you start a channel for Waffle.  He's probably going to make you 8 million dollars.

Couch

• Heart 1
  • Like 2

14 minutes ago, Airehead said:

He makes me like cats. 

Me too.  I am not sure how all this happened.

I looked at our shopping list.  It read the normal stuff and then in bold ... "CAT FOOD."  If you had taken a snap of that list and told me it was our list in 2023, I would have laughed at ya.

• Heart 1
  • Hugs 3

40 minutes ago, Shu Fang said:

I suggest you start a YouTube channel for him.  From what I hear, Cat Videos make LOTS of money.  

I wanted to start a YouTube channel for my cats but I was told I wasn't allowed too by a certain someone who I must do exactly what she tells me to do if I know what is good for me.

Anyway, I suggest you start a channel for Waffle.  He's probably going to make you 8 million dollars.

Couch

1 hour ago, Kirby said:

Just wait till you add Cat Treats to the list too!

I bought some.  He didn't like them at all.  It was a waste of money.  He really likes his fancy food we got.  It was a fairly expensive brand. He also likes plain cooked chicken.  

• Heart 1