Free Yahoo Fantasy NFL Playoffs Game with money prizes to 733 entrants!

MickinMD

Yahoo has a free Yahoo Road to the Big Game where: "Free to enter. Multi-round, single-entry contest with 7 rounds where the top 730 entry overall and top 3 entries per round share $2,500, with $400 to first overall and $50 to first per round. Scoring will be cumulative across all rounds. Your 1 lowest score will be dropped. You may join this multi-round contest at any point. Future rounds entries will be reserved. You will draft a new team before each round starts."

image.thumb.png.125cd211172a7ccfda8aded21bdf0225.png

All the regular Yahoo "daily fantasy" type games involves using $200 in play money to select 10 players: 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex (RB, WR, or TE), 1 K, and 1 DST (Defense and Special Teams).  It scores with standard fantasy scoring (6 pts TD, 1 pt for every 10 yards receiving or rushing, 1 pt for every 25 yards passing, -2 points for turnovers, etc.), but I don't think they're doing that "full starting team" for the playoffs.

You pick a new set of players for every round.

The cost of the players varies by their predicted fantasy scores and you have to balance it so you pick some strong players plus some players you think will do well.  The the example below, I clicked on the box to the right of Austin Ekeler's name, looked at his game log, and saw he didn't do great last week and didn't do well the last time he played JAX this season.  So I picked Justin Herbert as my superstar for $7 play-money dollars less.

This 7-round game apparently picks 1 game per playoff day and - at least for round 1 - you get $125 to pick 5 players: a "superstar" - one player who gets his fantasy points multiplied by 1.5 and four "Flex" players who can be QB, WR, RB, or TE:

image.thumb.png.f6c4b1101085f4b84211852b3ec05235.png

The app will list the players basic statistics so you pretty much know what you're getting, though it doesn't keep good track of players that our injured and out.

There are also various Yahoo daily games involving specific playoff days or games for $1 to $3 per game here.  I won a couple dollars on free games, then spent them on a Thanksgiving Day game and won $10, then lost $1 later.  So I'm sitting on $9 in my Yahoo account.

But this all-through-the-playoffs free game is enough for me.

46 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

DALLAS TAKES IT ALL!!!!

The Cowboys have a good chance.

If the Ravens get healthy enough - and are coached well enough - to have a decent playoffs offense and give the defense a little more rest, their already high-ranked defense can make them dangerous.  They lost to Cincy 16-27 in week 18, with 21 Cincy points coming off turnovers.  The Ravens used an undrafted, 3rd-string QB who had never started a game and rested All-World TE Mark Andrews and elite RB JK Dobbins. Cincy used everybody. I'm sure both teams used plain-vanilla plays, saving innovations for the playoffs.

They play at Cincy again in their Wild Card game, which could be interesting.