If you were to go into a bagel shop...

Kirby

what kind of bagel would you choose?  One of the sweet ones like cinnamon raisin or blueberry?  Or a more savory one like an Everything or Cheese Bagel?  A classic plain one?

And how do you order it?  Toasted, cream cheese, lox, chicken/egg/tuna salad?

For the sake of discussion, I'm assuming nobody is avoiding carbs for dietary reasons.

• Heart 1

17 minutes ago, Kirby said:

what kind of bagel would you choose?  One of the sweet ones like cinnamon raisin or blueberry?  Or a more savory one like an Everything or Cheese Bagel?  A classic plain one?

And how do you order it?  Toasted, cream cheese, lox, chicken/egg/tuna salad?

For the sake of discussion, I'm assuming nobody is avoiding carbs for dietary reasons.

After I recovered from the very high prices compared to Thomas, etc. supermarket bagels, I do a variety, though as a diabetic this is a one every couple years thing:

Onion (more than one!), Everything, Blueberry, and whatever kind of Cheese Bagel they have.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, jsharr said:

I would opt for more of a plain bagel, but I would want a breakfast sandwich with an egg, some cream cheese and of course bacon.  And I like the softer, chewier bagels.  steamed?  I would not want my bagel toasted, but I would like it warm.

How to Make a Bacon Egg and Cheese Bagel Breakfast Sandwich - 5 Minutes!

THis, but I like mine toasted.

If it were to be a bagel without bacon (sad) Then I prefer plain, toasted with some cream cheese. 

• Like 1

I love savoury bagels but only those that have a little more umph.  Jalepeno and cheese, everything seed/grain bagel, rosemary rock salt bagel with a smoked salmon or herbs cream cheese.  As a last resort if bagel shop is low in late afternoon:   "boring" bagel type is sesame seed bagel or pumpernickel.

Or the other "extreme" with smoked salmon, capers, a bit of onion and cream cheese. More a sandwich.  Or smoked meat with sauerkraut.

I've never gravitated much to the sweet bagels. They are ok but don't inspire me. 

• Awesome 1

I ask for a poppy seed bagel sliced and toasted, with a stick of butter melting on it.  Sometimes I will say "kill me with butter" or a variation, but I will qualify it by adding "Triple up what you think of when someone wants a ton of extra butter, then triple that again and you will be close".

I think bagels are only good toasted with tons of butter, never a sandwich platform at all.

• Yum 1

2 hours ago, MickinMD said:

After I recovered from the very high prices compared to Thomas, etc. supermarket bagels,

Step AWAY from the grocery story shelves.......

there is no comparison, especially when you find a true bagel shop

Really can't go wrong no matter what you order.  Except Lox.  gross.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1