Jump to content

Colonoscopy prep


Road Runner

Recommended Posts



3 minutes ago, maddmaxx said:

You should be all set now that morning has arrived...................except for that fear that you will need to run once more while on the way to the medical facility.

I just took my second dose at 0400.  I have to leave the house at 0830.  Hoping all is calm by then.  :unsure:

  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Road Runner said:

I just took my second dose at 0400.  I have to leave the house at 0830.  Hoping all is calm by then.  :unsure:

I wonder how long the drive is and what the restrooms are like at the medical office.  One has to hope they really keep their bathrooms clean.  But I also guess that most folks - as a rule - are fairly cleaned out by then.

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

Where is @Road Runner?

All is well, I guess.  Doctor said he found a small polyp, which he removed, and the usual diverticulosis.  Due to my age, he says I don't need to have any more routine colonoscopies.  I pretty much had decided that this was going to be my last one anyway.      

  • Heart 3
  • Hugs 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

All is well, I guess.  Doctor said he found a small polyp, which he removed, and the usual diverticulosis.  Due to my age, he says I don't need to have any more routine colonoscopies.  I pretty much had decided that this was going to be my last one anyway.      

Yep.  After a certain age the risk outweighs the reward.  At that point anything they find is just another thing lining up to end you anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, dinneR said:

The nap was amazing

Fentanyl is an amazing drug.  I went to sleep easy and woke up without any anesthesia side effects.  They won't let you drive yourself home, but it really wouldn't have been a problem at all.  I guess they have to protect themselves from lawsuits if someone does have an accident.

 

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

They won't let you drive yourself home, but it really wouldn't have been a problem at all. 

I just say... I'm glad I was driven home by WoBG after my colonoscopy several years ago.   

I felt just fine... but I can say that after more than a few beers too.  

  • Heart 1
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Don't drive yourself home.

The rules here are pretty strict.  You have to have someone with you when you check in, they must stay during the procedure, and they must accompany you out of the facility.  Typically, they take you outside in a wheelchair and load you into your ride vehicle to make sure the person with you is doing the driving.    

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

The rules here are pretty strict.  You have to have someone with you when you check in, they must stay during the procedure, and they must accompany you out of the facility.  Typically, they take you outside in a wheelchair and load you into your ride vehicle to make sure the person with you is doing the driving.    

Same with our place, except during the pandemic they shooed the drivers oot into the abyss. Before that they let us leave as long as we would respond to a call to get back quickly. I would take walks and not stray too far. During covid I sat in the car after that and listened to the radio. 

  • Heart 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

The rules here are pretty strict.  You have to have someone with you when you check in, they must stay during the procedure, and they must accompany you out of the facility.  Typically, they take you outside in a wheelchair and load you into your ride vehicle to make sure the person with you is doing the driving.    

Yeah, I hate when they do that.  I walked myself home after my first two endoscopies and the colonoscopy, straight shot across Central Park and a little less than two miles. The other two endoscopies (different doctor) required someone to be there to sign out.  It sucked to inconvenience other people. 
 

I also had to have someone there after the surgery, but I was on board with that. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I definitely could have driven home.  Just getting up into my son's truck was much harder than driving would have been.  :)

I have had a lifetime of experience in this area and I know when I am a bit off.  But I was completely normal (for me) after my wake-up from the colonoscopy drugs.  The anesthesiologist told me that that is the case for most people, but some people are affected much more and that those cases are the reason for the strict rules.    

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...