So, is Scientology still a thing?

Randomguy

• 3 years later...
On 12/20/2014 at 4:30 PM, Randomguy said:

As far as I know, it is Maverick, Vincent Vega, and the Fresh Prince at the core.  I thought that the celebrities were beginning to glom onto the weirdness of it all and were doing some mass-avoidance behaviors.

You forgot John “I’m not gay” Revoltya.

50 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

I walked past their DC location yesterday and there was a dude heading in, so it is still a thing, just not a big "thing".  One old dude going to get his reading is not enough to qualify it for true "thing" status.

Tom

Depends on where you are. California it is still a very big cult. Here in Tampa area their Clearwater campus/compound/gulag is ginormous and threatening. A few years ago they got in a wee bit of trouble with the local authorities for using parabolic mics and face scanning technology with their security cameras. They found this out when plolice were investigating cameras installed on surrounding buildings that weren't owned by the building they were on...

They also have a rather large Ybor city campus right next door to a community college and there is always slightly attractive androids attempting to get people to come inside for drinks and dinner (there is a pasta restaurant attached to the building). So at least here it is a rather largish, scary thorn.

6 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

A few years ago they got in a wee bit of trouble with the local authorities for using parabolic mics and face scanning technology with their security cameras.

I think it was the Leah Remini show or maybe a documentary that showed them setting up cameras on poles and conducting surveillance in neighborhoods of folks on their "hit" list. That shit is crazy, but it went on.

Tom

2 hours ago, jsharr said:

They have cool new commercials showing shiny happy people doing stuff, and a big boat and everything.

I agree with Ralph that yoga is the new Scientology, but only if you combine it with essential oils.

Can you be counted on to start a cool "Scientology pants" thread????

4 minutes ago, goldendesign said:

An a thinly veiled sexual advance just if you would come in and get your stress and zeta levels checked.... Oh and they have john travolta

acd.jpg

Listen, I can do that for a good bowl spaghetti and a nice chianti.