Rise and Shine Saturday

petitepedal

Sheets are in the washer (sheets setting) with no contraband added. Clothes will go in next using normal setting. Made coffee, made another cup, pancakes, blueberry pancakes, and fried eggs. Blustery outside today. Running errands later (optometrist to pick up wife's glasses and Costco). May go back and watch some fencing after lunch.

• Awesome 1

23 minutes ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

Sheets are in the washer (sheets setting) with no contraband added. Clothes will go in next using normal setting. Made coffee, made another cup, pancakes, blueberry pancakes, and fried eggs. Blustery outside today. Running errands later (optometrist to pick up wife's glasses and Costco). May go back and watch some fencing after lunch.

I see what you're doing there.

Select The Best Electric Fence Design For Your Cattle - Premier1Supplies

• Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, petitepedal said:

Hey @Parsnip Totin Jack how is Mrs Parsnip  doing?

Doing better but her vision is worse. Hopefully that will improve with time. Her glucose levels are in a good place, insulin levels are good. Her doctor is pleased with how she’s doing. She received her first month supply of the Freestyle Libre 3 patches for use with her iPhone. We’re out and about going to the optometrist right now

• Heart 3

The first NFL playoff game starts at 4:30 pm, Seattle at San Francisco, though it might not be much of a contest: the Las Vegas bookies have SF as a 9.5 point favorite and 42 points as the over-under, which means they expect a score of about 26-16.  Still, if you made it to the playoffs, you're good enough that anything might happen - like when the Ravens beat the Bengals tomorrow.

Right now, I'm heating about 12 quarts of water in a 20 quart stock pot in which I'll boil a 60 oz. head of cabbage for about 45 minutes so the leaves become pliant enough to wrap around the 24-27 balls of ground beef, ground pork, cooked Basmati rice, eggs, onion and spices I'll prepare while the cabbage is boiling and then cooling under cold water.

Hopefully, I'll have whole thing in the Instant Pot by the beginning of the game where it will take 20 min. to come to pressure, 25 min. to cook at high pressure, then 15 minutes off to reduce the pressure before releasing it.

I'm thinking nuked chunks of potatoes plus slices of tomato to go with it.

• Heart 1