How many things do you eat that are bad for you?

Road Runner

I just took a "health assessment" review online for my health insurance provider.  They pay me to do this.   :)  

They ask mostly fairly straightforward questions such as physical statistics, BP, cholesterol, sleep habits, depression, medical history, etc.

They asked one off-the-wall, very subjective question that I didn't know exactly how to answer.  They asked:

"How many things do you eat each day that are bad for you?"

I couldn't think of anything really bad, so I answered zero.   

Next to the question they had cartoons of things that looked like pastries, french fries, ice cream, candy, etc.  

Anyway, I thought it was an interesting question.  It is hard to answer but it makes you think about your dietary habits.

How would you answer this?  Do you eat stuff that you think is bad for you?

That question is horse shit. Yes, I eat ice cream.  In moderation, things like that are good for your happiness.  

This insurance company control is out of control.  It's none of their fucking business. I am not fat.  Eating some calorie laden foods are fine in moderation.

We have those health assessment things at my work too.  They call them HEMs at my work.  Health Education monitoring.  They are all geared toward unhealthy individuals.  People like me get nothing out of them at all.  They need something for the healthy athletes too,like, a personal training module or something more advanced.  These things serve no purpose except to shame and punish those that don't do the things they want you to do.  Ours has things like BMI, gut measurements, and a smoking penalty. You pay more if you are a smoker.  

Ours has things like BMI, gut measurements, and a smoking penalty. You pay more if you are a smoker.  

Mine had those too.  But we don't pay more if we do bad things.  They are just trying to get us to be more healthy.  For the obvious reasons, of course.  I could have gone further and gotten some coaching and goals set up to improve my score and my health (BTW, I got a 95 when the average for men my age is 68).  I opted out of that.  I got $40 for just taking the assessment.    :)

I think it was a trick question, simply designed to get the reader to question his/her daily diet.

I remember back when I was young and thought I was invincible, I would eat crap like sausage biscuits or pastries for breakfast, hamburgers and fries for lunch, and steak and potatoes or fried chicken for dinner, combined with sugar sodas all day long.  Not much "good" in anything I ate in those days.   :(   I did get a lot of protein, though.   :) 

Well...I have to agree with what most are saying..some "bad" foods in small quantities now and then isn't bad... Do I eat the wrong stuff....yes sometimes and sometimes in the wrong quantity...On the other hand, I eat a lot of healthy stuff too...that I know most of my local friends wouldn't touch...