I think it's a shame Christmas stockings seem to be waning in popularity

AirwickWithCheese

Yes? No?

Seems that way from here. Time was the Christmas stocking had the honor of being your last official gift. You knew it wasn't going to be anything big but maybe that Payday and Mallo Cups could help with the disappointment of Santa not bringing the Atari 5200.

Now when the last present is done, that's it. :(

Last year I found my old stocking over at Mums and hung it on her fireplace. It went unnoticed and unfilled.

Why must this be?

Yes? No?

Seems that way from here. Time was the Christmas stocking had the honor of being your last official gift. You knew it wasn't going to be anything big but maybe that Payday and Mallo Cups could help with the disappointment of Santa not bringing the Atari 5200.

Now when the last present is done, that's it. :(

Last year I found my old stocking over at Mums and hung it on her fireplace. It went unnoticed and unfilled.

Why must this be?

I am not sure why this is.

The stocking always seemed like an odd thing to put presents in from my young perspective, we got to the stockings first.  The good stuff seemed always to be in boxes.  I like the idea of it more now, though.  

I am not sure why this is.

The stocking always seemed like an odd thing to put presents in from my young perspective, we got to the stockings first.  The good stuff seemed always to be in boxes.  I like the idea of it more now, though.

Going to the stocking first seems dangerous and wrong. If there's coal or crapola in the stocking you know you might as well go back to bed.

Stocking last MomCheese always instructed.

Our tradition was wrapped family gifts on Christmas Eve and then Santa brought usually unwrapped...and often assembled toys and our stockings on Christmas morning.  At a certain point and time....and you all know when that was :whistle:   We only got our stockings...but we got awesome gifts...I got a turquoise ring in my stocking when I was a Junior in High School....eventually...the stocking overflowed to a few gifts that didn't fit...like a jar with coins for college laundry or a perfume set or...well stuff...the last year my mom was alive, she went a bit over board...and pinned or stockings to black garbage bags...I got lots of things for my coming first apartment.

I started doing a stocking for my mom when I was in 7th grade...It was much fun...

I haven't had a stocking since the first Christmas after she died.....I miss that tradition.

• Heart 1

You're a disgusting but athletically built human being

I agree.  I have seen him in person.  Simply disgusting.  But athletically disgusting.

Don't make me angry... you would not like me when I'm angry- by Bruce Banner.

if given a chance...you both know you would try and kiss me! Don't pretend you do not find me attractive! 

My family always did our stockings on the fest of St Nicholas, so it was one of the first of the Christmas events.  Even in college, we'd put stockings outside our doors on the feast of St Nick and the dorm advisors would fill our stockings with candy and treats.

Now the only one who gets a stocking filled with treats at Christmas is my kitty cat.