Jump to content

YOWZA!


Razors Edge

Recommended Posts



2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Remember, it's ALL-wheel drive now, so gonna have to smoke all four tires!

Do you know how hard it is to burn rubber in an all wheel drive car? First you need an Oldsmobile, then a lazy BIL to sit in the passenger seat, ......

burning-out-the-scie.jpg

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

Do you know how hard it is to burn rubber in an all wheel drive car? First you need an Oldsmobile, then a lazy BIL to sit in the passenger seat, ......

burning-out-the-scie.jpg

Is that and Olds? Or a Buick?

My BiL just had his hip replaced last week, so he's great at sitting right now!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

buick regal

I was think GN or GNX.  I imagine Olds had a pretty darn similar version, but Buick got the "good stuff" the Grand Nationals.

 

8 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

My maliboo does it in 6. I remember when 6 seconds was the benchmark for V8 cars:blink:

Heck yeah.  And that GNX was like a 4.9 sec car, which made it nutso!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I was think GN or GNX.  I imagine Olds had a pretty darn similar version, but Buick got the "good stuff" the Grand Nationals.

Heck yeah.  And that GNX was like a 4.9 sec car, which made it nutso!

Yes the GNX is a bad ass car. Its a collectable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

still slower than the upcoming Dodge.  But it's a step in the right direction

There are a lot of ugly EVs, but there's some pretty sharp ones, too.  And the upcoming models are learning to take advantage of the extra space.  Like the RAM1500 full size bed (sort of), 3 row seating (sort of).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, 12string said:

still slower than the upcoming Dodge.  But it's a step in the right direction

There are a lot of ugly EVs, but there's some pretty sharp ones, too.  And the upcoming models are learning to take advantage of the extra space.  Like the RAM1500 full size bed (sort of), 3 row seating (sort of).

Well, yeah. It's gonna be slower than FULL EVs, but as a hybrid, it's pretty darn quick.  And while not a Tesla Plaid, it also will cost less.  When the full EV Vette arrives, it will knock time off the 0-60 for sure.  I also think the Vette will smoke any Dodge on a road race course.  I doubt a Viper is due in EV mode, but those would be the ones that might be more road track oriented.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Well, yeah. It's gonna be slower than FULL EVs, but as a hybrid, it's pretty darn quick.  And while not a Tesla Plaid, it also will cost less.  When the full EV Vette arrives, it will knock time off the 0-60 for sure.  I also think the Vette will smoke any Dodge on a road race course.  I doubt a Viper is due in EV mode, but those would be the ones that might be more road track oriented.

I get why Vette can't just jump to full EV.  Next step

Also note: The RAM EV may offer an option for a small gas generator to charge the batteries on the fly, NOW, it's a tow vehicle!

  • Heart 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...