YOWZA!

Razors Edge

2 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Remember, it's ALL-wheel drive now, so gonna have to smoke all four tires!

Do you know how hard it is to burn rubber in an all wheel drive car? First you need an Oldsmobile, then a lazy BIL to sit in the passenger seat, ......

burning-out-the-scie.jpg

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, donkpow said:

Do you know how hard it is to burn rubber in an all wheel drive car? First you need an Oldsmobile, then a lazy BIL to sit in the passenger seat, ......

burning-out-the-scie.jpg

Is that and Olds? Or a Buick?

My BiL just had his hip replaced last week, so he's great at sitting right now!

9 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

buick regal

I was think GN or GNX.  I imagine Olds had a pretty darn similar version, but Buick got the "good stuff" the Grand Nationals.

8 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

My maliboo does it in 6. I remember when 6 seconds was the benchmark for V8 cars:blink:

Heck yeah.  And that GNX was like a 4.9 sec car, which made it nutso!

• Like 1

Just now, Razors Edge said:

I was think GN or GNX.  I imagine Olds had a pretty darn similar version, but Buick got the "good stuff" the Grand Nationals.

Heck yeah.  And that GNX was like a 4.9 sec car, which made it nutso!

Yes the GNX is a bad ass car. Its a collectable.

• Like 1

still slower than the upcoming Dodge.  But it's a step in the right direction

There are a lot of ugly EVs, but there's some pretty sharp ones, too.  And the upcoming models are learning to take advantage of the extra space.  Like the RAM1500 full size bed (sort of), 3 row seating (sort of).

1 hour ago, 12string said:

still slower than the upcoming Dodge.  But it's a step in the right direction

There are a lot of ugly EVs, but there's some pretty sharp ones, too.  And the upcoming models are learning to take advantage of the extra space.  Like the RAM1500 full size bed (sort of), 3 row seating (sort of).

Well, yeah. It's gonna be slower than FULL EVs, but as a hybrid, it's pretty darn quick.  And while not a Tesla Plaid, it also will cost less.  When the full EV Vette arrives, it will knock time off the 0-60 for sure.  I also think the Vette will smoke any Dodge on a road race course.  I doubt a Viper is due in EV mode, but those would be the ones that might be more road track oriented.

29 minutes ago, Razors Edge said:

Well, yeah. It's gonna be slower than FULL EVs, but as a hybrid, it's pretty darn quick.  And while not a Tesla Plaid, it also will cost less.  When the full EV Vette arrives, it will knock time off the 0-60 for sure.  I also think the Vette will smoke any Dodge on a road race course.  I doubt a Viper is due in EV mode, but those would be the ones that might be more road track oriented.

I get why Vette can't just jump to full EV.  Next step

Also note: The RAM EV may offer an option for a small gas generator to charge the batteries on the fly, NOW, it's a tow vehicle!

• Heart 1