Pay Bonus

Square Wheels

Do you get an annual bonus at work?  Many years we get nothing, a lot of years I get a $5 dollar coupon to use in our cafeteria - the food is disgusting, I never eat there.

This real I got an actual bonus.  A whole $100 (before taxes of course)!

I remember standing in line at the grocery store one year and heard some lady talking about her son's bonus.  My memory being what it is at this age, I tend to exaggerate.  He either had enough to take the family on a week long cruise, or buy a boat.  Either way, significantly more than I'll ever get.

The company I work for...quit having a Christmas party...before I started with them...the boss said...no one quit their job because of it.  He sends out pocket dayplanner calendars....no one that I know of uses them.   For a couple of years our carpet vendor took the staff at my building and spouses to dinner...we went to Olive Garden...but that was only  2 or 3 years.  

At our building residents are told not to tip waitstaff or building staff during the year but for the first 2 weeks in December, they collect cash and then it gets handed out to us....when I first started they had some bogus formula so the guy who had been there the longest got the lions share...but after about 3 years they changed it...and divided it up equally among the staff.  I did very well this year.  In addition there are one or two people that give you a little personal gift...like sparkling wine from one lady and a $ 25 gift card from another.

I am trying to hang on to it...for as long as I can...it might be my vacation money in a few months!

My company that I used to work for would not just give you a year bonus, but they also would give you a safety bonus, and also an additional 3% of what you saved up for the 401K

In total I walked out of there with about a grand at the end of the year after taxes

Two jobs ago, I had a company that had a quarterly profit-sharing bonus, and a Christmas party at a swanky place with all-you-could-drink booze.  That said, wasn't a happy job.  Constantly working at 125% and still feeling behind.

Last job, I got a bonus at my evaluation.  Considering how much I managed to fix that my predecessor left (I inherited a huge, broken mess) and the systems procedures I put in place, it was kind of a slap in the face; it was modest, and they implied that I wasn't pulling my weight.

The new place, people have the opportunity to receive a quarterly bonus according to a formula that could amount to 15-25% of my salary.  I've only been there a quarter, and haven't seen how that works yet.  Truth is, it's a bigger deal to work somewhere where the relationship between everyone is more akin to friends and family, where you want to work hard and make a place succeed, rather than a place that demands a lot and then implies it isn't good enough.

• Heart 1