Square Wheels

I set an ambitious goal of 4000 miles for this year.  I have 239 to go and probably no outside days, and inside miles are worse than getting a root canal.  Plus with work, commuting, kids and the holiday's, there aren't a lot of basement opportunities.

I might go for a ride with my wife now, it's in the lower 30's out there.

I will give this my best shot.  I took the 31st off of work, I fear I will be in the basement all day.   :P

• Heart 1

My annual goal is also 4K miles. I have about 3750 in this year so I'm in the same boat as SW. This will be my lowest mileage year since 1996.  :unhappy:

Weather hasn't been all that great. Work has kept me busy on too many weekends (I'm at work right now - don't tell my boss I'm posting here). Plus I had a few injuries that kept me off the bike during some prime riding time this year.

Looking forward to 2015!

And, without a goal how many miles did you pedal?

I'm just guessing, but he probably doesn't track his mileage.  Probably the best way to ride.

Personally, I need to at least have an idea of what I hope my riding will be like (a goal, I guess) for the season.  It helps to keep me motivated as I am an inherently lazy person with major procrastination issues.  Without a goal, I would be constantly finding excuses and delaying my ride until tomorrow (the absolute greatest time to do anything).  

• Heart 2

I'm just guessing, but he probably doesn't track his mileage.  Probably the best way to ride.

Personally, I need to at least have an idea of what I hope my riding when will be like (a goal, I guess) for the season.  It helps to keep me motivated as I am an inherently lazy person with major procrastination issues.  Without a goal, I would be constantly finding excuses and delaying my ride until tomorrow (the absolute greatest time to do anything).  

:whistle:

But I did ride today.  Mainly because I can't ride tomorrow since I'll be at work. :)

• Heart 1

Personally, I need to at least have an idea of what I hope my riding when will be like (a goal, I guess) for the season.  It helps to keep me motivated as I am an inherently lazy person with major procrastination issues.  Without a goal, I would probably be constantly finding excuses and delaying my ride until tomorrow (the absolute greatest time to do things).  

The only real way to ride is to just go out and love the area you ride... miles do not matter in the least to me. Like I said it was roughly... give or take a few hundred.. LOL

Ilike to do both.  I like to track how much I did, how fast I did it, how much I climber, what kind of power I put out...  but, if I didn't enjoy it I would just stop. Most of the time I enjoy riding.  Riding indoors is awful, but I know it's making me stronger, so I so it. 

you can not do both if you keep track of all that crap.. just ride care free until you are run down by a bus... it's the best way to ride :)

• Heart 1