So, at 2:43AM this morning...

tybeegb

I thought the world was coming to an end.  Deep sleep.  I wake up to some high pitched warble-like noise.  WTH!  I start slapping at the alarm clock which hasn't been used in four years, no help.  The tablet is there but I know I turned it off.  The cell phone is there but nothing is shining.  Then the noise stops.  Finally.

I roll back over and drift back off to sleep, until 6:00AM when the alarm clock starts OOH-GAH, OOH-GAH.  I know that noise from having it so many years.  When I was slapping it around trying quiet the noise at 2:43AM I hit the buzzer button which set it to alarm and the last time I used it was to wake me up at 6:00AM. 

The first noise was an amber alert to lookout for a red Toyota Corolla from somewhere in Georgia.  I am all in favor of the amber alerts, but I did not know my new phone would pick them up.  Now I do.  :whistle:

I thought the world was coming to an end.  Deep sleep.  I wake up to some high pitched warble-like noise.  WTH!  I start slapping at the alarm clock which hasn't been used in four years, no help.  The tablet is there but I know I turned it off.  The cell phone is there but nothing is shining.  Then the noise stops.  Finally.

I roll back over and drift back off to sleep, until 6:00AM when the alarm clock starts OOH-GAH, OOH-GAH.  I know that noise from having it so many years.  When I was slapping it around trying quiet the noise at 2:43AM I hit the buzzer button which set it to alarm and the last time I used it was to wake me up at 6:00AM. 

The first noise was an amber alert to lookout for a red Toyota Corolla from somewhere in Georgia.  I am all in favor of the amber alerts, but I did not know my new phone would pick them up.  Now I do.  :whistle:

You have to turn them off.  I hate that the default is to on.  If I wanted Amber Alerts, I would find some app or something, it is pretty damn intrusive to just disturb everybody.