Planning a motorcycle trip to Alaska

team scooter

Its on my bucket list. It would probably take about 30 days total. The first problem is I can only get that much time off in the winter. The second problem is I can't find anyone crazy enough to go with in the winter. My wife will only do a snowmobile weekend. Anyone else want to come?............ Bueler?

The last (only) time I drove up to Alaska in the winter it was -60 degrees.  The car I drove had been set up at the dealership for Alaska with high temp thermostat, winter front and engine heater.  I still had to keep an ice scraper on the dashboard to periodically scrape the ice off the inside of the windshield.  They didn't have rest areas along the way and you were taking a risk of frostbite every time you stopped to pee.  We saw lots of timber wolves along the way, some of them were attacking pack horses right on the highway.  Ain't no way I would attempt a motorcycle trip to Alaska in the winter.

Probably a better idea to tour in the Summer.  The motorcycle trip in Winter sounds sketchy, and I am an adventure seeker.  I would not attempt that in Winter.

Yeah I hear ya. My thoughts were that road conditions would be better in the winter. Just look at the conditions in just the first few minutes of each of the videos I posted. Either way I'd be better off putting some beefy tires and a cap on my truck and taking that. Although my motorcycle gets 65+ mpg and my truck gets 18 if I'm lucky. Hmmm.... :scratch head:

Aww, who am I kidding, I dont even like to ride my motor-cikle in the rain because I hate riding with the windscreen on and or even getting it dirty. :whistle:

But I can picture it with snow tires and a ginormous rubbermaid tote strapped on the back for beer and stuff. ;)