I spent Christmas day alone

SuzieQ

The big event was on Christmas Eve so I was alone on Christmas Day. It was wonderful. After a busy stretch from October until late December, the solitude was nice. It was a time for rest and spiritual reflection.

The hike to the top of the mountain was fun too. I notice something special each time I hike that path.

• Heart 1

WoJSTL had to work and all the kids were at their in-laws. I got a lot of stuff done including 30 miles on the bike.

WoJSTL got in about 2.5 hours overtime and was pretty worn out when she got home. But there was a Doctor Who marathon on BBC America and the 2014 Doctor Who Christmas Special to keep me occupied in the evening.

Damn...I should have called you...I was alone too...  Did my neighbor's open house for an hour or two on the 24th...and stopped in for about 30  minutes at my friend's place...also in the building ..all on the 24th...Did church that night...on the 25th...I did a load laundry...and that was about it...About 4 pm I felt a little blue...and I certainly did not like little Cindy Who telling the Grinch that she was visiting...because no one  should be alone for Christmas....LOL only in fiction...lots of people are alone for the holidays....I usually do a better job of organizing my holidays...I think the last month of lung issues kinda put life on hold....

New Year's Eve...I am hoping to do a candlelight walk at Ft. Snelling state park...it is an event from 4 to 8 M New Year's Eve....none of my friends seem to want to do this...and they never want to gather...even for an early social couple of hours that night....meh...

Where I live, a community organization coordinated the Great Christmas Match-Up. Some families opened their homes for Christmas dinner and people who would otherwise be alone were invited to join them. Finding the host families was easy; convincing those alone for the holiday to put their names onto the guest list was a little more difficult, possibly because this is the first time anything of this nature has been attempted.

Where I live, a community organization coordinated the Great Christmas Match-Up. Some families opened their homes for Christmas dinner and people who would otherwise be alone were invited to join them. Finding the host families was easy; convincing those alone for the holiday to put their names onto the guest list was a little more difficult, possibly because this is the first time anything of this nature has been attempted.

You never know who the axe murderers are.

• Heart 1

While I spent Christmas with a few family members, some of that was in the hospital, with my father, who was admitted for pneumonia Sunday.  Thankfully, after they drained several liters of infected fluid from around his lungs the past few days, he was allowed to go home today, and is doing a lot better.

• Heart 4

I didn't spend the day alone, but I chose to spend it with a really good friend that was going to be alone.

I had more fun than if I had spent the day with family. It really wasn't a sacrifice.

When I was a mess from my wreck, he visited more than anyone other than Ugly Bob. I would have loved to visit Bob, but it would have been too much work for him.