Watching the movie Interview

KrAzY

I was going to go see it just on principle, but it hasn't opened here yet.  (I don't think)

I wouldn't ordinarily watch this sort of movie, but if it is shown here locally, I will go.   :)

Does this mean you're going to let the leader of North Korea influence the movies you watch?
  • Heart 1

I'm torn.

1)  Watching a movie because North Korean leadership hates it and tried to use intimidation and threats to stop it (plus)

2)  Giving Sony any money (minus)

it is funny and intriguing all at the same time.. just pure comedy

During the World War II era, Disney put out some anti-Nazi animated films featuring Mickey and Donald. (Mickey and Donald were the good guys.) I wonder if The Interview will be remembered as this generation's attempt at the same thing. And no, I'm not comparing Seth Rogan to Goofy.

Does anyone here know someone in the Korean government?  Based on the facts that the movie industry is failing and the American economy is continuing to struggle, despite what Obama wants to believe, I suspect we made this all up.  If we can rally Americans around the movie industry and get people by the millions out to see movies to support them against the terrorist activities of another government, then it's a huge win for the economy and the movie industry.  

Oh yeah, we never landed on the moon either.

Does anyone here know someone in the Korean government?  Based on the facts that the movie industry is failing and the American economy is continuing to struggle, despite what Obama wants to believe, I suspect we made this all up.  If we can rally Americans around the movie industry and get people by the millions out to see movies to support them against the terrorist activities of another government, then it's a huge win for the economy and the movie industry.  

Oh yeah, we never landed on the moon either.

I think this ^^^ explains a lot.   :huh:

Based on the facts that the movie industry is failing and the American economy is continuing to struggle, despite what Obama wants to believe, I suspect we made this all up.  If we can rally Americans around the movie industry and get people by the millions out to see movies to support them against the terrorist activities of another government, then it's a huge win for the economy and the movie industry. 

Say it isn't so.

If this was nothing but an orchestrated effort to get people to support the movie industry, could nobody find a better movie? From everything I've heard about The Interview, it's not anywhere close to the same level of cinematic excellence as The Godfather or Casablanca or other notable movies from earlier generations.