Bonus

Parsnip Totin Jack

9 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

what will ya buy?

Probably wait until we find out what we owe the IRS. I want to have the hood over the stove installed. That work is beyond my abilities. The backsplash will need to be retiled as well. We need to get a stairlift installed as well.

• Heart 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

Probably wait until we find out what we owe the IRS. I want to have the hood over the stove installed. That work is beyond my abilities. The backsplash will need to be retiled as well. We need to get a stairlift installed as well.

Longjohn is good at that!  He and and Judie could honeymoon on the Blue Ridge! :D

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

6 minutes ago, Square Wheels said:
16 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Did they add the $5 to your pay and you got to pay income tax on the bonus too.?

Don't give them any ideas.

That's how it was where I worked.  ANY reward had an official process. and the value of the reward eventually found it's way as a line item on my pay for taxes. and then a deduction after taxes for the reward.  

When I was a rookie manager... I went out and purchsed gift cards for my employees once.   Soon after that HR had a 'discussion' with me about  the 'proper' way (that had an approval process too) to provide gift cars aa a reward.  :(  

• Hugs 1

On 2/24/2023 at 10:22 AM, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

We just learned today that the bonus payout will post next Friday. I don’t know the amount yet but last year was $6,500. I should get more as my performance rating is higher this year. 

Awesome!  It sure beats my annual cash-back Costco certificate for 2022 that I just got for $57.59!

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

Gross. Net was about half that. Like @Shu Fang, gub-mint took half. I had to use the other half to pay taxes. Go figure. 

Yeah it’s usually gross so net after taxes is 1/2 of the bonus.  A bonus is always nice but when you see how much Uncle Sam takes, it takes a bit of shine off the award…

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, sheep_herder said:

I don't remember ever getting an annual bonus. Such is life when you work at universities and for the government.

Same here. Doesn't exist in the jobs I've had in public sector.  Depending where one is at in pay scale with in a job classification, one may move up a bit in pay. Or there's nothing available at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got news mine is $9133 gross. Not bad, but less than last years. Will repay credit card for vacation I’m taking in May. Also pay some to the 6 charities/ministries I support. Maybe throw $1000 into my mutual fund investments, and if there’s any left over blow it. 

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 2

2 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Just got news mine is $9133 gross. Not bad, but less than last years. Will repay credit card for vacation I’m taking in May. Also pay some to the 6 charities/ministries I support. Maybe throw $1000 into my mutual fund investments, and if there’s any left over hookers and blow it. 

fify

• Heart 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/25/2023 at 3:05 PM, Shu Fang said:

The government stole half of it.

On 2/25/2023 at 3:11 PM, Parsnip Totin Jack said:

Like @Shu Fang, gub-mint took half. I had to use the other half to pay taxes.

On 2/25/2023 at 4:22 PM, ChrisL said:

Yeah it’s usually gross so net after taxes is 1/2 of the bonus.

Selfish bastards!  You think just because you worked harder than the average flunkie and earned yourself a bonus that you should get to keep any of it?  What are you, a bunch of money-grubbing, heartless, capitalist Warren Buffet wannabes?  Have you forgotten the golden rule: "From each according to his ability, to each according to his needs"? If the government took only half, or even all of it, then none of you are paying your 'fair' share!

image.png.335a9837d948a437e9f0ce0e8d1b3c2c.png

(Political content redacted)

;)

• Heart 1