Unicel truck body commercial box is available

Dirtyhip

47 minutes ago, Dirtyhip said:

The rear opens like a garage door.  Will that work?    Or do you just fill in the back panel and have a window? 

I'd go and see it first.  So that means flying there.  

1 hour ago, Dirtyhip said:

Einstein roller skated at Rollerana when visiting his cousins. Back in the day

12 hours ago, ChrisL said:

Wow $300K?!?!  I had no idea those cost so much!  

A traditional RV about that size is prob just over 100k. Maybe 150 ish?  This thing was set up on a diesel pick up frame. So it had 4x4 and diesel. Most that size are gas. Set up on a cab and chassis like a box van without the box. This thing was also really set up to be off grid for a while. They way the water and solar systems were configured with batteries and all. Dude said (and I’m not sure I believe him) that it could be self contained up to 9 days even running the AC occasionally. It was pretty slick. 

we looked at some big fifth wheels. Not for now, but maybe 3 years from now. Those were right at 100k. And you got so much more living area. So many more features. It would be awfully hard to justify spending 300 k only to downsize from what the fifth wheel would provide you. They are like small luxury apartments. 

• Heart 1

To each their own, but I would not like being in a camper.  We went to a camper show and looked at bigger and bigger campers to the point it would have been a house on wheels and essentially undriveable, and we still weren't happy.  I like being in a space that has high ceilings and feels very open.  I would feel very closed in and claustrophobic in a camper.

• Heart 1

But this, all

(1) Marketplace - 2013 Mercedes-Benz Sprinter | Facebook

These things go lots of miles.  It's adorb, and MB. Which is a whole different thing with pro/con

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

To each their own, but I would not like being in a camper.  We went to a camper show and looked at bigger and bigger campers to the point it would have been a house on wheels and essentially undriveable, and we still weren't happy.  I like being in a space that has high ceilings and feels very open.  I would feel very closed in and claustrophobic in a camper.

Do you ever camp? Or do you tent it.  That is even more claustrouphobic, 

1 hour ago, Square Wheels said:

SW party of 2 your camper is ready.

Semi-Trailers - SpaceCraft MFG

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Yeah I’m kinda the same way.  I prefer to either camp or stay in a hotel.  I never really had a desire for camper life but if it works for you enjoy!  

But dayum those rigs are expensive!  

21 hours ago, Square Wheels said:

Neither, maybe because I never really did it as a kid.

Year, that was where we landed, and even that felt too small.

Camping can be very fun and being in nature is very grounding for people. 

Wide open spaces, except for the dwelling part.  The bedtime part is a short part of the day.  I feel comfortable in a confined space. The neighbor kid came to bring us eggs, and he said "Your house is tiny."  My mature reply was to say to him, "You're tiny!"  :D  Sometimes a bit of immaturity makes people laugh. 

• Heart 1

1 hour ago, Further said:

Do you need any special drivers license for something like that ?

not for the back end. The semi that pulls the back end needs a CDL. I'm pretty sure (based on weight)  you would need to stop at all open truck scales. Weighmasters might very well hit the red light to take a look inside

• Heart 2

4 hours ago, smudge said:

Great googley moogley that's a lot of trailer! The hitch weight alone is impressive!! Sharp though. 👍

Hitch weight is the reason I wanted an f350. That truck will be able to handle it with no prob. 

3 hours ago, Further said:

Do you need any special drivers license for something like that ?

Nope. It’s not that heavy. Only about 14k pounds. Has to be over like 22 or so I think for CDL. State to state varies. 

• Heart 3

On 2/25/2023 at 6:43 AM, Square Wheels said:

I view a camper like a tent or motel room. About all I do there is sleep or work on photos on the computer. Not much room is needed for those events.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Parr8hed said:

Hitch weight is the reason I wanted an f350. That truck will be able to handle it with no prob. 

Nope. It’s not that heavy. Only about 14k pounds. Has to be over like 22 or so I think for CDL. State to state varies. 

GVW on the trailer is 17k. F350 GVW is 10-12.4k  Combined weight is >26k.  The cutoff is 26k GVW. If you could find a Prius under 8999 GVW you would be good to go. 

• Haha 2