Happy Saturday Morning

Airehead
Go to solution Solved by BuffJim,

3 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

layer of now at the cafe this morning,unexpected to me:blink: I was hoping to get the road bike out...maybe CX or fat now. Anywho, I'm french pressing coffee.  Who'd like a cup? :)

Coffee yes please. Very icy at the show site. Saw a woman by pass the cleared sidewalk to cross the ice. She fell. I figured it wasn’t her best decision after making sure she was ok. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Airehead said:

Coffee yes please. Very icy at the show site. Saw a woman by pass the cleared sidewalk to cross the ice. She fell. I figured it wasn’t her best decision after making sure she was ok. 

I fell in my driveway yesterday. Fortunately I didn’t get hurt. You can’t shovel this ice. 

• Sad 2
  • Hugs 1

52 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

layer of now at the cafe this morning,unexpected to me:blink: I was hoping to get the road bike out...maybe CX or fat now. Anywho, I'm french pressing coffee.  Who'd like a cup? :)

:desk:I am trying to decide between just eggz or a couple of blueberry/strawberry/walnut pancakes and one egg. I am thinking the latter but the former is smarter for weight loss. Nothing is easy!  

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Parr8hed said:

Cleaning up the outside of the camper today. Fixing the latch on the screen door. Hopefully this dude shows tomorrow. 

IU plays Purdue tonight at Purdue. They’ll prob get destroyed. 

MD beat Perdew pretty good a few weeks ago. Hoosiers can too!

• Heart 1

4 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

Going for a haircut and a trip to Wegmans when the spirit moves me. BuffCarla’s and brother are coming to help us eat tenderloin roast tonight. 😋😋😋

We are going to take care of my FIL at 3.  His usual cohorts (wife and two single kiddos) are big wrestling fans but he is too old to go to those all day things, although my MIL still goes! We will take him to dinner then go to his house and watch wwii movies!  :D  Hopefully we take ruby!  

• Heart 3

32 minutes ago, Ralphie said:

One of the worst parts aboot getting old is every time I fall on ice or off my bike I have to worry aboot whether or not I broke any bonz. 

I've never even considered broken bones, now you've given me another thing to worry aboot  :angry:

My bones have always been solid, it's the connecting tendons and all that have given me trouble, and continue to be the weak link

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Further said:

I've never even considered broken bones, now you've given me another thing to worry aboot  :angry:

My bones have always been solid, it's the connecting tendons and all that have given me trouble, and continue to be the weak link

On the bright side (why can I never say or type or hear that withoot thinking of Michael Palin? :D :( ), on both my last bike and ice falls, no broken bonz either time. But sore connecting tissue for a while after. So soreness is the horse, and broken bonz are the zebra. Now my 87 year-old mother with osteoporosis is a horse of a different color. 

• Hugs 1

21 minutes ago, petitepedal said:

@Ralphie mind your portion..this was 2 small waffles with added protein powder, strawberries, plain yogurt and a drizxle of real maple syrup..endulge but tweak it to a tad healthier version ( not healthy..but a bit better than usual)

20221106_081818.jpg

Cute waffles!  The pancakes were 1/3 cup, 160 cals with the just add water mix. I think I will switch back to oatmeal or eggs for a while now. But the pancakes with 3 things in them were delicious!  Oops, closer to 200-250 cals ahspose with the nuts, froots and oil. 

Cutting back on portions does feel better all around. 

• Heart 1

My energy and motivation seem to be lacking. Parked in front of the stove with the computer seems to be my default position :(

And I'm always cold.

On a brighter note, I have changed my breakfast from McDonald's burrito to Post Great Grains cereal, and the cereal seems to keep me fuller until lunch time, and has way less sodium   :)

• Heart 1
  • Yum 1

44 minutes ago, Further said:

My energy and motivation seem to be lacking. Parked in front of the stove with the computer seems to be my default position :(

And I'm always cold.

On a brighter note, I have changed my breakfast from McDonald's burrito to Post Great Grains cereal, and the cereal seems to keep me fuller until lunch time, and has way less sodium   :)

McDonald's burrito - hard to beat. I wouldn't mind having one right now.:whistle:

• Heart 2

2 hours ago, Further said:

And I'm always cold.

Hibernation is quite enjoyable. :)  When it is nice ootside you will feel compelled to got oot then you will find yourself labouring in the garden.