It's raining

petitepedal

We are between storms but it looks like it could rain at any moment.  The storm that hit us Fri & Sat dropped nearly our annual average.  There were reports of snow on the beach in Oxnard and our local mountains got up to 8’ of snow.  We are lucky to get a couple of feet in an entire winter. 

The weather forecasters around here are like "5 - 8 inches of snow overnight!  Get your thank-you notes ready! Buy many ice cream sandwiches!  :runcirclsmiley::frantics: Winter storm Brunhilde (they name storms now) is going to wreak pestilence, famine, despair, gloom, and worse, cancel schools and make people work from home!  Oh, the humanity!"

Oh, for goodness sake! :rolleyes:

It's upstate NY.

In February.

Meaning, it's winter.

It's snowed far more than 5 - 8 inches in NY in winter in February before and - by some miracle - everybody survived and zombies didn't take over the world, already, so climb down off the panic wagon.

• Awesome 2

Raining here too, though the temps are higher than normal.

My sister wants to get some exercise and walk with Jake and me.  Tomorrow, around 2 pm, the temp. will be in the mid-50's with the sun peeking through the clouds and breezy.

So I picked a mile-long section of a paved, park trail that has lots of benches and picnic tables spread out along it in case a rest is needed.  It's mostly a gentle uphill on the way out and downhill on the way back.  We'll go until she decides she wants to turn back.  If she feels sore, I can take a short-cut to the parking lot and bring my car within a couple-minute walk of any part of the trail.