$5.25

bikeman564™

10 minutes ago, bikeman564™ said:

for a quarter pounder w/ cheese:blink: I get fast food about 6 times a year, and its one item like today. A colleague went to micky Ds, so I had him get me a burger. Now I know why I don't do fast food. Expensive :(

I dropped my pup off with my niece last night. We met at a Delaware Welcome & rest area on I-95 that has gas, bathrooms, and restaurants etc..  Before heading back home, I hit the restroom & got a Coke.  20oz or whatever - $3.69.   

• Sad 2

2 hours ago, Razors Edge said:

I dropped my pup off with my niece last night. We met at a Delaware Welcome & rest area on I-95 that has gas, bathrooms, and restaurants etc..  Before heading back home, I hit the restroom & got a Coke.  20oz or whatever - $3.69.   

I think the stuff they sell in the restrooms is Mountain Dew. 

2 hours ago, bikeman564™ said:

for a quarter pounder w/ cheese:blink: I get fast food about 6 times a year, and its one item like today. A colleague went to micky Ds, so I had him get me a burger. Now I know why I don't do fast food. Expensive :(

Whelp, it's cheaper than 5 Guys. Yeah, 5 chicken fingers is routinely over $10 now, KFC, Church's, Zaxby's, etc.

• Sad 1

We live about 15 minutes from Starved Rock state park.   1 or 2 weeks ago, we took a short trip to Menards (a local version of Home Depot) to buy some stuff.   On the way home we drive by the state park.  We decided to stop there for lunch.

The build your own burger was $15.00 it came with chips.  For $2.50 more you could get fries or sweet potatoe fries.   

I noticed they had;   Pot Roast, Beef chuck roast slowly braised in aromatic vegetables and Starved Rock Signature Ale. Served with the vegetable of the day and mashed potatoes 17.00 

The pot roast dinner was good. 

• Heart 1
  • Yum 2

It took Pandemic isolation for me to realize I could make good food at home and for much cheaper.

I still get the occasional urge for fast food, but only several times a year instead of several times a month.

McD's, etc. have grown earnings 2 ways: build more stores and condition us to eating ever bigger portions.

But their portion sizes now put their costs in the range of Chinese carryouts, sub shops, and restaurant breakfasts and lunches.

• Heart 1
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, MickinMD said:

It took Pandemic isolation for me to realize I could make good food at home and for much cheaper.

I prefer cooking at home for years. A fasts food craving once in awhile I'll do.

Somethings at home are similar in price to buying.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, maddmaxx said:

Last month quartr pounders with cheese were 2 for 3.  This month Dave's singles at Wendy's are 2 for 6.  I believe chicken sandwiches are too.  We don't do it often but you need to pay attention to the deals of the month.

Wendy’s is my fave for fast food. 

• Like 1

And the electronic kiosk are even worse. All done with the order and no checkout button. Have to go through other screens suggesting other items with an "add to order" but no "check out". Finally get to choose table number (or to go) and pay electronically or at counter (unstaffed and reason using machine in first place). Then they deliver without the drink cup and have to chase them down. Condiments removed from the drink bar and didn't include any ketchup for the fries, so have to find somebody at the unstaffed counter to ask.

So much for the fast in fast food. Only positive thing I can say is that they don't want you to tip for the "service" or lack of.

• Sad 1

With our lifestyles and travel fast food is just a way of life.  We certainly try to minimalize it but it happens.  We do a lot of crock pot meals etc, but sometimes you just have to.  

It will seriously cost fiddy dollars for all four of us to eat at McDonalds.  Effing crazy.

• Sad 1
  • Hugs 1

With all the stuff going on the few days I went to McDonald's for breakfast. I ordered a sausage egg and cheese sandwich hash browns and a coffee. 

They got the order wrong.

So I paid 6.97 a muffin with sausage, no egg.

They are paid 15 a hour.

• Sad 1