Business jet diverts to Bradley field near Hartford CT

maddmaxx

It was a rough day crossing the Atlantic over 3 previous storms and the associated jet stream.  We were over Maine for a short while but slightly before the turbulence mayhem.  Based on the forecast, I told the owner and his wife to hold onto their dog and stay belted in.  Keep those belts on, folks. 

• Heart 1
  • Like 3

18 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Keep those belts on, folks. 

I do that driving and when we fly.   You never know when you need the belt.  Sometimes it will too late when you figure out that you need the belt on.

I started wearing a seat belt in my car in 1977.   I figured I was young and stupid, and my Z28 Camaro could end up being upside down on the road.   I didn't get the T-tops the sales guy wanted me to buy either.  I told him,  "I want steel above my head when I roll the car."   When I started dating WoBG... she got to wear a seat belt too, and at first she didn't like it.   Back then... just about no one used the belts. 

• Heart 3
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, Airehead said:

This is why I always wear my seat belt unless walking to rest room

I heard a report on one of the TV news channels (CBS or NBC) that the person was wearing a seat belt. If true, that must have been quite a bit of turbulence. I've wondered about the heavy carry-on baggage put into the storage bins and turbulence.

Like you, I keep the belt on.

4 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

I do that driving and when we fly.   You never know when you need the belt.  Sometimes it will too late when you figure out that you need the belt on.

I started wearing a seat belt in my car in 1977.   I figured I was young and stupid, and my Z28 Camaro could end up being upside down on the road.   I didn't get the T-tops the sales guy wanted me to buy either.  I told him,  "I want steel above my head when I roll the car."   When I started dating WoBG... she got to wear a seat belt too, and at first she didn't like it.   Back then... just about no one used the belts. 

We had harnesses in our 1963 VW Bug, and have had belts ever since.

• Heart 1

5 hours ago, Bikeguy said:

Around 1985 for me and few wore seat belts then either.  I responded to my first fatal traffic collision with an ejection.  I wore a seatbelt from that day forward 

• Heart 2