NFL Postseason thread

Former member

My take:

1)  The popular pick here is Cam and the Panthers because of the QB situation at Arizona -- but I think another week of practice for the 3rd stringer in AZ will be enough to dump them.  In what appears to be an upset, I take the Cards in a close one.

2)  Pitt wins in this round

3)  The Colts defense is pathetic.  Bengals get it done.

4)  CowToys

Try to take out your emotions out of it.  Pretend you are busted and have to borrow 4 million dollars and are forced to place 1 million bucks on the winner of each game -- and you have to cover it all or get shot.  Who do you pick?  Here's mine.  I'll repeat it:

1) Arizona

2) Steelers

3) Bungles

4) CowToys

I was all about the Cards over the Panthers until you reminded me about the QB debacle in AZ.  So very unimpressed with Cam and the Panthers this year. But, with the QB situation as it is in AZ...... Nope. Can't do it. Still callin' for the Cards over Cam.  (Whoever is QB in AZ, just get the damned ball to Larry Fitzgerald!!)

I think the Bengals have the best shot of the four road teams - but they've been hot and cold this year, as a lot of teams have (including NE).

After witnessing the lousy play in the NFC South all year, it's surprising how tempting it is to pick Carolina.  But I won't.  Same picks as dotman17 - Cards, Steelers, Bengals and Cowboys.

let's see - that would set up Bengals at Patriots the following week, right?

Given my geographic location I saw a lot of the Eagles this year - what surprises me most is how quickly the city turned on Nick Foles.  No one seems to want him back, even if he is healthy.  Sanchez looked real good for a few games - just like he did with the Jets.  Will be interesting to see what the Iggles do at QB next year.

I don't know anything about football and suppose I never will

Not with that attitude.  I have noticed that if people spend a few hours learning the basics, they will like football if they continue watching it.  That said, no woman I have ever dated or married has given it more than five minutes, and they all declare that they don't get football.  Same with remote controls or any electronic device, no matter how simple.  

I was all about the Cards over the Panthers until you reminded me about the QB debacle in AZ.  So very unimpressed with Cam and the Panthers this year. But, with the QB situation as it is in AZ...... Nope. Can't do it. Still callin' for the Cards over Cam.  (Whoever is QB in AZ, just get the damned ball to Larry Fitzgerald!!)

The Giants made a living getting hot at the right time after very humdrum regular seasons.  It could happen with the Panthers, I suppose.

My money is still on the same matchup as last year, this year the donkeys win it.

Andy Dalton of Cincinnati is the Tony Romo of the AFC, one and done.  Bengals go home with another goose egg.

Speaking of Tono Romo, he wins a post-season game after a long drought because the Lions suck more than the Cowboys do.  That's as far as the Cowpies will make it.

Carolina will have the same result as the Cowpies, a win then out the following week.

Not sure which team will show up in Pittsburgh but I'm rooting for Baltimore over the Squealers.

I think the Cowboys will surprise a few people and win two, maybe three playoff games this year.

The CowToys finished 12-4.  Seattle finished 12-4 and Green Bay finished 12-4.  The Seahags get the home field advantage because they have a better record in conference than those other two (which obviously means they had a better out of conference record than Seattle).  So if you go by record, all those teams have a good chance to make it to the Stupor Bowl but odds start tilting in the home team's favor.  The Cowboys have to travel up to Lambeau field in January if they win.  Good luck with that.  But they should beat Detroit -- especially with Suh out now.

• Heart 1

Not with that attitude.  I have noticed that if people spend a few hours learning the basics, they will like football if they continue watching it.  That said, no woman I have ever dated or married has given it more than five minutes, and they all declare that they don't get football.  Same with remote controls or any electronic device, no matter how simple.  

My wife didn't get it either and never really liked it.  But like all things, when your team wins the Super Bowl, she got more interested.  I explained the game to her throughout the year and now she's a big fan and actually seems to like it.  Well, as long as Seattle keeps winning.  I'm kind of a die hard, so I'll be watching them win or lose.  But just calling out my wife here -- 'cause I love her -- but I think she probably stops watching if and when they start losing again.

My wife didn't get it either and never really liked it. But like all things, when your team wins the Super Bowl, she got more interested. I explained the game to her throughout the year and now she's a big fan and actually seems to like it. Well, as long as Seattle keeps winning. I'm kind of a die hard, so I'll be watching them win or lose. But just calling out my wife here -- 'cause I love her -- but I think she probably stops watching if and when they start losing again.

I hope she doesn't get hurt falling off the bandwagon.

Hey, Boxy, the Seahawks are still one of the youngest teams in the league and they have all their core defense coming back for the next 3-4 years... which means you're going to be hearing our name in post-season almost every year.  I understand Tom will be playing for another 3-4 years. Too bad he won those Super Bowls early because he's gonna go out a loser.

Muhahahahahahaaha.

Hey, Boxy, the Seahawks are still one of the youngest teams in the league and they have all their core defense coming back for the next 3-4 years... which means you're going to be hearing our name in post-season almost every year. I understand Tom will be playing for another 3-4 years. Too bad he won those Super Bowls early because he's gonna go out a loser.

Muhahahahahahaaha.

good luck keeping that talent when they are able to sign their 2nd contracts.

Cowboys may well lose Dez Bryant or DeMarco Murray due to cap issues / franchise tag.

I miss the old days when it was like forced labor to play in the NFL.  Players got drafted and played for one team for an entire career.  None of this jump from team to team stuff where one week you are hated and vile and the next week you are wearing the star on your helmet.  

good luck keeping that talent when they are able to sign their 2nd contracts.

Actually, when they resign Russell to a big fat contract and Lynch retires (soon I bet), they are competitive but I don't think they make a run at another -- unless Carroll has a script similar to that of the Pats -- and I have my doubts.  The Patriots have the formula.

I miss the old days when it was like forced labor to play in the NFL. Players got drafted and played for one team for an entire career. None of this jump from team to team stuff where one week you are hated and vile and the next week you are wearing the star on your helmet.

All players are hated and vile when they wear the star on their helmet.
  • Heart 2

Yep, same with the horseshoe and the steel logo, etc.   That is what made it great.  Take Deion Sanders for example.  Falcons, 49ers, Cowboys, Redskins, Ravens.  Really?  49ers , Redskins and Cowboys?  That should never be allowed to happen.

This is one of the good things about pro football.  After a while, you develop hatreds almost as strong or maybe stronger than your likes.  I've always hated the Cowboys and Steelers and I will watch those games with as much interest as I will watch games where a team I like is playing.

• Heart 1
  • Awesome 1

This is one of the good things about pro football.  After a while, you develop hatreds almost as strong or maybe stronger than your likes.  I've always hated the Cowboys and Steelers and I will watch those games with as much interest as I will watch games where a team I like is playing.

Same reason people watch NASCAR or Cops.  You hate the show, but you want to see the big wreck.

No, no, no.  I wasn't laughing at you because I thought it was ridiculous.  I thought your response was funny and a good beat down on Denver.  And yeah, those pundits are typically wrong.  I disagree with your GB assessment though.  We own GB in our stadium -- and if we don't -- we get replacement refs that will ensure it.  :lol:

If the dreaded CowToys can find a way to win in Lambeau, I think they have the type of team that could undermine us.

Fingers crossed that this is not another one and done year for the Cowboys.

I think we can beat Detroit, but we have lost to some bad teams this year.  We lost at home to Washington and San Fran.

But we have played lights out on the road, so nothing is out of the realm of possibilities.

Going into Lambeau in January is a daunting task for any team.

Going into Lambeau in January is a daunting task for any team.

I hear that.  I'm glad it's not us.  In fact, if you can get through Detroit and GB and come into Seattle and we are able to do our thing next week -- and they should -- I'm not feeling at ease.  I take comfort in Romo is 1-4 in the playoffs but that would put him 3-4 and bring the Cowboys into town on a roll themselves knowing they have already won once in Seattle (even though we had like 4 ProBowlers out).  It'd make me nervous.  I respect GB but their game plays into our strengths.   Dallas plays into our weakness.