NFL Postseason thread

Former member

We spanked GB when they were here at the beginning of the season and we weren't even ballin' yet.  GB doesn't worry me at all.  If Dallas gets through -- maybe -- due to matchups -- but I like our chances now considering we would have 4 pro-bowlers back on the field who weren't there earlier in the year.  

Anyway, I don't blame ya -- because I know you want another title shot at GB on a neutral field.  For your sake, that's your best bet if you want to be champs again because weeze gunna shut your boy down. 

:1:

Do any of you really think that the refs conspire to control the outcome of games?

Unless you're a CowToys fan, everyone on planet Earth knows that was pass interference. But I think it's a bunch of crying now because Detroit didn't do much in the second half. Sure it changed things a bit, but they were still sitting pretty even after it happened and they couldn't close the deal. The bigger infraction was Dez Bryant coming onto the field w/o a helmet anyway -- which was not called. It's unfortunate but refs miss stuff.

I'm just giving you Dallas folk a good ribbing jsharr. Take it in stride.

Unless you're a CowToys fan, everyone on planet Earth knows that was pass interference. But I think it's a bunch of crying now because Detroit didn't do much in the second half. Sure it changed things a bit, but they were still sitting pretty even after it happened and they couldn't close the deal. The bigger infraction was Dez Bryant coming onto the field w/o a helmet anyway -- which was not called. It's unfortunate but refs miss stuff.

the refs didn't miss the PI penalty, they picked up the flag.

Dez should have been flagged for 15 yards, on top of the PI call.

Conspiracy? No, the Refs just screwed Detroit. None of them should ever work a postseason game again.

I'm just giving you Dallas folk a good ribbing jsharr. Take it in stride.

1 - I believed at the time that it was PI.  The way things are called on the field it was PI.  Smarter people than me believe that.  There are also people smarter than me that will explain the letter of the law as it relates to PI and tell you that it wasn't PI.  The other issue is that flag is never picked up except for an uncatchable ball and never without an explanation.  That ball hit the defender in the back of the right shoulder a split second after he got done shoving Pettigrew's right shoulder.  It was catchable.  The fact is the Lions didn't close the deal - good call or bad.

2 - When I saw Dez run on the field to argue the call I immediately thought a flag should have been thrown.  Again, more experienced people than me will tell you that is not an uncommon occurrence and the officials will usually try to give one warning to the person to retreat.  If they don't, they throw the flag.  They have a lot of latitude there.

1 - I believed at the time that it was PI. The way things are called on the field it was PI. Smarter people than me believe that. There are also people smarter than me that will explain the letter of the law as it relates to PI and tell you that it wasn't PI. The other issue is that flag is never picked up except for an uncatchable ball and never without an explanation. That ball hit the defender in the back of the right shoulder a split second after he got done shoving Pettigrew's right shoulder. It was catchable. The fact is the Lions didn't close the deal - good call or bad.

2 - When I saw Dez run on the field to argue the call I immediately thought a flag should have been thrown. Again, more experienced people than me will tell you that is not an uncommon occurrence and the officials will usually try to give one warning to the person to retreat. If they don't, they throw the flag. They have a lot of latitude there.

what about the obvious holding on the Dallas TD to win the game?

The DE was held by the neck, and it was obvious to everyone but the Zebras.

Yes, it does. It is the last time Denver and NE played, Denver got torched.

Manning's arm is a noodle now, but you still think Denver would beat NE. :rolleyes:

Patriots also somehow beat the Broncos in 2013, but didn't get to the superbowl.  I can't remember which team from the AFC made it in...oh yeah, the Broncos!

Heh heh...

Patriots are tools.

Yes, it does. It is the last time Denver and NE played, Denver got torched.

Manning's arm is a noodle now, but you still think Denver would beat NE. :rolleyes:

In all seriousness, now the Donkeys have a running game, Manning may have rested the arm enough for it to be right.  If you shut down Gronkowski somehow (however unlikely), the Broncos win for sure.  Even if they don't shut him down, the Broncos are a better team. I figure them to beat the Patriots 7 out of 10 times, were they to play that many times successively, which would be pretty boring.

Bad calls, missed calls, wrong calls happen.   They happen to every team every year, probably every game.  Each team gets to turn in 10 plays to the officiating office of the  NFL after each game for review / explanation and according to Jason Garrett, most of the time the questioned calls are "wrong" or "missed",  It is part of the game, but I do not believe it is intentional, orchestrated or paid for by anyone.

I understand the indignation over a missed call.  Hithcens interfered with Pettigrew.  At the very least, he pulled his jersey.  But do you respond with the same indignation when the call goes your way?  

I told my sons the Cowboys did not deserve to win that game.  They let a visiting team come to their home field and take a 14 point lead.  To their credit, due to skill and luck, they were able to stage a comeback, but they just as easily could have lost the game.

Patriots also somehow beat the Broncos in 2013, but didn't get to the superbowl. I can't remember which team from the AFC made it in...oh yeah, the Broncos!

Heh heh...

Patriots are tools.

you are a tool.

The 2013 Patriots didn't have Gronkowski in the second game, and the #1 CB was injured in the 1st quarter, and it was a road game.

NE is healthy, and a far better team than in 2013. Denver is a solid team, but they haven't improved since November. Manning is hurt.

Denver will win easy this week because Indy has no defense.

you are a tool.

The 2013 Patriots didn't have Gronkowski in the second game, and the #1 CB was injured in the 1st quarter, and it was a road game.

NE is healthy, and a far better team than in 2013. Denver is a solid team, but they haven't improved since November. Manning is hurt.

Denver will win easy this week because Indy has no defense.

I am not so sure, I can see the Colts playing Denver tougher than NE, seeing that the Colts are far more explosive than the Patriots.  Punchers be punching in that one.  Besides, Denver makes most teams seem like they have no defense anyway.

Ok, as I see it, a healthy Gronkowski is nearly unstoppable, but my guess is that Denver plays it conservative and runs the ball a lot to curtail the impact of Revis and Browner and keep the offense off the field.  If they get a lead and the Patriots really need to score a couple of quick touchdowns, who do they really have besides the TE?  Edelman is solid but the other guy will get hurt and not play 3 quarters.

It's on the internet - it must be true….

COWBOYS VS. DETROIT LIONS REFEREE QUITS AFTER COMING INTO $500,000

“Whats so crazy about me quitting after that game? People I’ve known my whole life accused me of cheating. My friends, my family even the bank teller that deposited my $500,000 check.” Said Referee Pete Morelli. When asked about his new Rolex he replied “No comment”

http://nahadaily.com/gossip/jerry-jones-gets-referee/

It's on the internet - it must be true….

COWBOYS VS. DETROIT LIONS REFEREE QUITS AFTER COMING INTO $500,000

“Whats so crazy about me quitting after that game? People I’ve known my whole life accused me of cheating. My friends, my family even the bank teller that deposited my $500,000 check.” Said Referee Pete Morelli. When asked about his new Rolex he replied “No comment”

http://nahadaily.com/gossip/jerry-jones-gets-referee/

one of my friends was up in arms about Fox News using Stephen A Smith's photo in a report about Stuart Scott's passing.

I then pointed out that it was being reported by a satirical news website.

To actually think the insane officiating in the Dallas game was conspired is stupid. It was terrible, but I've seen ridiculous calls like this before(even in Super Bowls).

Seattle got screwed in the SB against Pitt, and NE got screwed in the 2007 SB against NY. The Refs are wrong sometimes, but I don't think it's fixed.

a healthy Gronkowski is nearly unstoppable, but my guess is that Denver plays it conservative and runs the ball a lot to curtail the impact of Revis and Browner and keep the offense off the field. If they get a lead and the Patriots really need to score a couple of quick touchdowns, who do they really have besides the TE? Edelman is solid but the other guy will get hurt and not play 3 quarters.

the Pats have let Denver run on them in the last 3 meetings, and NE has won 2 of those games. The Game NE lost was without Gronkowski, and NE had a weak defense in all of those games.

Denver isn't better now than in November(or the other 2 games), but NE is healthy.

The Colts suck. No defense, and have QB that Denver and NE crush. Luck will be great someday(maybe), but not this year.

The Refs are wrong sometimes, but I don't think it's fixed.

Yep, it's life.  I used to referee soccer games.  The weekend before I refereed a state tournament game and I had people walk of the field tell me what a great job I did -- and then the next weekend I did a 12 year old girls game -- seriously fights broke out in the stands -- and I probably didn't call it as close as I should have. Another time, I was on top of my game and one of the few microseconds I looked down at my watch to see how much time was left to play -- some major foul occurred that I missed the tarnished what was otherwise a good job by me. So I appreciate how difficult it can be.

Finally, Seattle has had a ton of calls go against them this year.  Some of them completely warranted but many of them were like WTF?  But in the last couple of games we got breaks.  Calls that shouldn't have gone our way -- did.

In the end, while it's possible to be snake bitten, I feel the calls usually even out over the season or a group of seasons.

Yep, it's life. I used to referee soccer games. The weekend before I refereed a state tournament game and I had people walk of the field tell me what a great job I did -- and then the next weekend I did a 12 year old girls game -- seriously fights broke out in the stands -- and I probably didn't call it as close as I should have. Another time, I was on top of my game and one of the few microseconds I looked down at my watch to see how much time was left to play -- some major foul occurred that I missed the tarnished what was otherwise a good job by me. So I appreciate how difficult it can be.

Finally, Seattle has had a ton of calls go against them this year. Some of them completely warranted but many of them were like WTF? But in the last couple of games we got breaks. Calls that shouldn't have gone our way -- did.

In the end, while it's possible to be snake bitten, I feel the calls usually even out over the season or a group of seasons.

I worry about Browner getting PI calls this weekend. He has been called for PI more than anyone this year, and the Ravens get more PI calls than anyone else.

I hope the refs let them play like they usually do in the postseason.