NFL Postseason thread

Former member

They didn't need to score more.  You know as well as I do that Luck could put up some pretty big numbers if they were down.  Entirely different game trying to stay ahead vs trying to come from behind.  This is exactly why so many QB passing records are bullshit.  Often times the guy putting up the most numbers and stats is doing so in a losing effort.  Just ask Mr Manning about that. 

While what you say is true about Indy winning at Denver (Peyton and the offense sucked) I do not agree with Indy's D sucking.  When they are healthy they do decent against the run.  But their secondary is coming into it's own now.  I will put Davis up against the best corners in the league.  Any while not as good as Davis, Butler is no slouch. 

The Ravens proved last week that it's possible to go into Foxboro and at least rattle Brady.  Yes, he won.  Yes he came through in the end and got the win, but the Pats were down early and looked bad.  I realize that the game is an hour long but nobody is perfect and on any given sunday they can be beat.

So this weekend I will vote with my heart and say Indy by 4 points.  If I were to vote with my head I would say the Pats by 12.

As much as I like Rogers and company I just don't think they brought enough to take care of Seattle.  Seattle by 9.

This all sounds very reasonable, although I don't know enough about the Colt's secondary myself.  I would like to see the Colts make it to the superbowl, though.  If that happens, I see Seattle handling them convincingly in a lower-scoring affair.  If they face GB, I see a much higher chance that they are competitive and could win than if they face Seattle.

This all sounds very reasonable, although I don't know enough about the Colt's secondary myself.  I would like to see the Colts make it to the superbowl, though.  If that happens, I see Seattle handling them convincingly in a lower-scoring affair.  If they face GB, I see a much higher chance that they are competitive and could win than if they face Seattle.

I would tend to agree with you.

Is Jerry selling the team, or firing himself?

The only thing credible I've heard Jerry say over the years was his post game comments on Dez's no catch.  But that was inspired by ownership and integrity of the league rather than putting (or buying) himself first.  Still in the heat of that moment, he managed to pass that message onto Garrett who echoed his words (Garrett knowing he was about to get awarded a big fat contract from said bozo eagerly complied).  Jerry was smart to put the game ahead of himself.

You should be rooting for an inter-division team, man.  If it were the Cards instead of us -- I'd be rooting for them... especially west coast.  Geez.

I grew up in Indiana, and have been a Bears fan for years, and became a Colts (eventually) fan after I moved to Indianapolis in 1988.  But if Favre was still there.....

That blows.

I'm so rooting for my team -- but in some ways it'd be better if we lost -- so I could lose this stupid emotional investment I have and regain focus on other menial tasks.

i know how you feel.

I don't get to invested in the results anymore. After the Pats lost the 2007-2008 Super Bowl, I was crushed for weeks.

i know how you feel.

I don't get to invested in the results anymore. After the Pats lost the 2007-2008 Super Bowl, I was crushed for weeks.

I am the same way.  I used to get worked up over Indiana Basketball and the Colts but I try not to get too invested these days.  I think my kids have mellowed me out.