NFL Postseason thread

Former member

OK, I'm not faltering here.  I still have the Hawks winning by double digits.  I said that before.  It's hard to say just what kind of impact these winds are going to have but I think we all agree that it effects the passing game more.  So we have a gimpy quarterback hurling the rock in 30 mph wind gusts against the number one defense and an opposing offense that leads the league in rushing.  Hmmmmm....

What does the 12 mean?

That number here has been retired in Seattle to represent the '12th' man or the fan.  It's marketing, of course, to make you feel like you're part of the 'team'.  My wife actually bought me a 12 man jersey for Christmas so I have to pretend to like it and now apparently wear it on game days.

They only good thing I'll say about it is -- this number won't ever be traded so after popping $140 for it -- it's never going to be dated and I'm never going to feel the need to upgrade to a new team member's jersey.

Yeah, I'm a cheap bastard.

Ok, since I am not a football person... When it went into overtime, why does only one team get to score instead of both teams trying to score? What makes the first team to score win the game in an overtime... 

Side note... I don't give a crap who won, just want to know the answer. 

It was always just sudden death until a few years ago. Now if team A gets the ball first and scores a FG, team B gets a chance with the ball too. But if team A scores a TD, game over.

thats stupid... Why does team B not have a chance to get a TD also?

Please note the final stats which show our offense outperformed theirs.  Sometimes our perceptions are wrong.  From ESPN:

First column is GB and the second is Seattle.

1st Downs  19 20

Passing 1st downs  11 10
Rushing 1st downs  6 10
1st downs from penalties  2 0
3rd down efficiency  3-14 8-16
4th down efficiency  0-0 1-1

Total Plays  65 70

Total Yards  306 397

Yards per play  4.7 5.7

Total Drives  13 16

Passing  171 203

Rushing 135 194