NFL Postseason thread

Former member

Cincy's got no defense either.  I thought theirs was better than the hapless Colts but I can clearly see now I was wrong.  I'm going 1 out of 4 this weekend -- barring a shutout if Romo does his normal choking.

Meh, I can live with it.

I predicted all home teams.  I should go 3 for 4.  Dallas can't lose at home against the guy named Suh.

It's close now.

Ok, I predicted the Panthers beating the Cards, although that was not exactly going out on a limb considering the quarterback situation.  It was actually nice to see the Cowboys take the win, although I usually like to see the cowboys lose.  I didn't see the Lions taking a two-touchdown lead, but then I didn't think the Cowboys could realistically expect to come back from that to win.  Surprise, surprise, surprise.

Surprise-performances-1-2.jpg

I said it before, but I'll say it again.

It's fun to watch Dallas implode.

This is the difference this year.  They looked like shit for two quarters then they came back and did not implode, put together a drive when needed, overcame stupid penalties and won the game.  

The refs screwed up with the interference call / non call / pick up shit.  That marred this win, but the whole game was called sloppily.  Tons of missed calls, like the face mask by Detroit on the pick up interference call, or the non call on running into our kicker, or the non call on Detroit hitting our return man when he signalled fair catc, or not calling Dez Bryant for being an asshat on the interfence call.  All of them were borderline, none were called and all could have effected the game.

A game does not come down to one call, one play, etc.  It is the sum off all the parts.  Dallas won.

Hey Namath has his gold jacket and has the same number of wins as Romo. Just saying.

Namath is 2-1 in the postseason, which is far better than Romo's 2-3.

Namath also won a Super Bowl, a SB MVP, and 2 NFL MVP awards.

Nice try though, comparing Romo to possibly the most overrated QB ever. :rolleyes:

Namath is 2-1 in the postseason, which is far better than Romo's 2-3.

Namath also won a Super Bowl, a SB MVP, and 2 NFL MVP awards.

Nice try though, comparing Romo to possibly the most overrated QB ever. :rolleyes:

On first glance, I would have agreed that Namath was overrated.  When you think about it, though, that was back in the day when a pass wasn't a dink and dunk play, a good receiver averaged 20 yards a catch and most teams had a guy that could do that 40 times a year.  I don't think most quarterbacks put a ball in the air over 20 yards more than a few times a game these days, just trying to minimize interceptions.  Namath also played at a time when it wasn't unusual for a QB to throw as many interceptions as touchdowns, and a 55% completion percentage was pretty god-like.  

Also, when the Jets won that superbowl, they were still the interlopers on the old school scene, and winning against the big boys took talent and some swagger, tough conditions and all that.

It's tough to beat the Cowboys and the zebras too.

I sometimes think the players and the coaches ramp up the foul play (holding, etc) during the playoffs because they know the officials and the league tend to look the other way and let the players "play".  It seems that the officials would rather be guilty of a no call than to make a tough call. 

I'm the proud owner of a $2 million dollar debt to the mob.  I was 1-3 in predictions last weekend.  I might be able to prolong it by making more bets on the upcoming Divisional games.   So here's my next four games:

1)  Green Bay over Dallas (but I'm hedging my bet)

2)  Seattle over Carolina

3)  New England over Baltimore (Baltimore gives 'em trouble though)

4)  Denver over Dolts

I know, I know.  I've picked all the number one seeds.  The only one I feel real confident in is probably Denver and probably my home team Seattle.  The Seahawks have beaten the Panthers 3 years in a row at their house.  Now they have to travel all the way across country and come up to Seattle and face us in the playoffs.  Good luck with that.  But from my high horse seat, the Panthers play ugly -- real ugly -- and that often translates into wins.  In what is sure to be a grinder, I think we get it done.

In the end, though, I predict all the number 1 seeds go through.

I'm the proud owner of a $2 million dollar debt to the mob.  I was 1-3 in predictions last weekend.  I might be able to prolong it by making more bets on the upcoming Divisional games.   So here's my next four games:

1)  Green Bay over Dallas (but I'm hedging my bet)

2)  Seattle over Carolina

3)  New England over Baltimore (Baltimore gives 'em trouble though)

4)  Denver over Dolts

I know, I know.  I've picked all the number one seeds.  The only one I feel real confident in is probably Denver and probably my home team Seattle.  The Seahawks have beaten the Panthers 3 years in a row at their house.  Now they have to travel all the way across country and come up to Seattle and face us in the playoffs.  Good luck with that.  But from my high horse seat, the Panthers play ugly -- real ugly -- and that often translates into wins.  In what is sure to be a grinder, I think we get it done.

In the end, though, I predict all the number 1 seeds go through.

Me, too, I also predict a repeat of teams in the superbowl, no blowout this year.  I suppose that hinges on whether Payton's noodley arm has been rested and ready.

Here is Mincey #92 for Dallas.  That is not a stomp and is it nothing at all like Suh did to Rogers.  Nice use of paint to draw a circle though.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/01/04/no-jeremy-mincey-did-not-stomp-on-joique-bell/

I copied that off a FB link, man.  It must be true.  :)

Anyway, here are the odds of the ESPN website:

Super Bowl victory odds

Seattle Seahawks -- 2/1

New England Patriots -- 10/3

Green Bay Packers -- 11/2

Denver Broncos -- 6/1

Dallas Cowboys -- 7/1

Baltimore Ravens -- 18/1

Indianapolis Colts -- 18/1

Carolina Panthers -- 25/1

I copied that off a FB link, man. It must be true. :)

Anyway, here are the odds of the ESPN website:

Super Bowl victory odds

Seattle Seahawks -- 2/1

New England Patriots -- 10/3

Green Bay Packers -- 11/2

Denver Broncos -- 6/1

Dallas Cowboys -- 7/1

Baltimore Ravens -- 18/1

Indianapolis Colts -- 18/1

Carolina Panthers -- 25/1

the thing you have to understand about the odds is that Vegas is just trying to get even money, and it's just based on the betting public's perception.

The odds are not a projection of what the experts believe will happen.

With the proviso that I was also 1-3 for this weekend - my picks are New England, Seattle, Dallas and Indianapolis.

On paper I think the Patriots should be all over the Ravens, but Ravens + Foxboro + January always scares me.

the Pats have their best defense since 2004, and a healthy offense.

One Ravens win was without Welcher(blown ACL), and one was without Gronkowski. The Pats have a strong defense, and a healthy offense.

I hope Nate Solder can handle T.Suggs.

People are looking at the past years like it will matter on Sunday.

These aren't the same teams. This Patriots team is better, and the Ravens are a weaker team than in the past.

the Pats have their best defense since 2004, and a healthy offense.

One Ravens win was without Welcher(blown ACL), and one was without Gronkowski. The Pats have a strong defense, and a healthy offense.

I hope Nate Solder can handle T.Suggs.

People are looking at the past years like it will matter on Sunday.

These aren't the same teams. This Patriots team is better, and the Ravens are a weaker team than in the past.

I think these Patriots to be only slightly better than last year's smoke and mirror team, outside of a couple exceptions.  A healthy tight end and a cornerback that can cover make them dangerous, but Denver is still a much better team in my book.

I think these Patriots to be only slightly better than last year's smoke and mirror team, outside of a couple exceptions. A healthy tight end and a cornerback that can cover make them dangerous, but Denver is still a much better team in my book.

you need to stay off the drugs.

What was the score when New England and Denver played last November?