NFL Postseason thread

Former member

Pittsburgh == No Defense

They're not going anywhere. Your Pats do which is why I expect to see them in the SB.

the Pats' offensive line is the question. If the O-line plays well, the Pats won't lose. If TB gets protection, he's gonna pick apart any defense in the NFL.

They lost the last two Super Bowls because of poor O-line play(and a miracle catch).

the Pats' offensive line is the question. If the O-line plays well, the Pats won't lose. If TB gets protection, he's gonna pick apart any defense in the NFL.

They lost the last two Super Bowls because of poor O-line play(and a miracle catch).

Actually, that's our problem too... well at least dropping back in pass protection. 

There is a reason Tony Romo is having the year he is.  Imagine that line on your team.

Actually, that's our problem too... well at least dropping back in pass protection.

There is a reason Tony Romo is having the year he is. Imagine that line on your team.

Denver has a very good O-line too, but Manning is either hurt or just done. He's still better than most QBs in the NFL, but I don't think he's healthy(and you can't deny that he chokes in big games).

Denver has a very good O-line too, but Manning is either hurt or just done. He's still better than most QBs in the NFL, but I don't think he's healthy(and you can't deny that he chokes in big games).

In his defense, and I'm quoting Richard Sherman after the Stupor Bowl, that our DC identified a signal in watching Manning tapes that tipped our defense and we knew what was coming.  I don't know if that was true or not -- but if so -- you're not going to have a good day.  It certainly did look like we knew what the hell was coming.

In his defense, and I'm quoting Richard Sherman after the Stupor Bowl, that our DC identified a signal in watching Manning tapes that tipped our defense and we knew what was coming. I don't know if that was true or not -- but if so -- you're not going to have a good day. It certainly did look like we knew what the hell was coming.

true, but everyone knows that Manning shits his pants in big games.

His only SB win was against a Bears team with Rex Groosman at QB.

... a Bears team with Rex Groosman at QB.

Let's call it like it is.  All we ever hear about in college football is how wonderful the Florida quarterbacks are.  And except for Vinnie Testicle (marginal), Bernie Kosar (slightly above marginal) and Jim Kelly (good)... all the quarterbacks out of Florida universities can't cut it in the NFL.  Don't tell me there's not an East Coast bias on the television.  It sucks.

if I was ever unfortunate enough to live in Dallas or NYC, I'd never want them to win.

Good point.  We are the same.  And yet I secretly find myself pulling for this Romo clown (please note not the Dallas team) to overcome his demons -- if possible.  I swear to gawd it's totally psychological with that guy.  But if presented, may he fail hard against the Seahawks.

Let's call it like it is.  All we ever hear about in college football is how wonderful the Florida quarterbacks are.  And except for Vinnie Testicle (marginal), Bernie Kosar (slightly above marginal) and Jim Kelly (good)... all the quarterbacks out of Florida universities can't cut it in the NFL.  Don't tell me there's not an East Coast bias on the television.  It sucks.

Kosar was very good, and did the best with what he had to work with.

ok, I'm starting to think more like Boxy on this one.  Perhaps the Steelers do dump Denver.  I'm not to 'high' on Pitt's defense though.  That rocky mountain high goes to Denver.  But I'm smelling upset?  I think.

I think the Steelers have a chance, but the donkeys are a more complete team.  Always hard to figure a team coming off a bye, though, are they refreshed or are they rusty and out of sync?  I think in a best of 5 series, the donkeys take 4 against this Pittsburgh team, though not by blowouts by any means.

I think the Steelers have a chance, but the donkeys are a more complete team. Always hard to figure a team coming off a bye, though, are they refreshed or are they rusty and out of sync? I think in a best of 5 series, the donkeys take 4 against this Pittsburgh team, though not by blowouts by any means.

I think Pitt is the team most likely to pull off some upsets in the AFC. NE can tear up their defense if the O-line can make a good effort. If Bell is healthy, Pitt's offense is pretty solid.

Manning looks done, and rarely plays well in NE winter weather.

So happy.

Glad JW played like shit. It's easy to hate that douchenozzle.

I totally agree. Here's my conversation on Facebook:

Todd XXXX Yet we continue to hear how awesome the Florida quarterbacks are. To date, I know of Jim Kelly, Bernie Kosar, and Vinnie Testaverde that have gone on to the next level and had some success. Of those 3, I'd say Kelly was the only really good one.

Todd XXXX But we shall continue to hear how awesome their quarterbacks are.

Todd XXXX This FSU guy is too slow and isn't gonna make it.

Todd XXXX Another wash up. But hey, those Florida quarterbacks are awesome!

Todd XXXX Ok, enough of my rant.

Kevin ZZZZ Todd, those are Miami QB's, Florida has never produced a good QB that did anything in the NFL.

Todd XXXX Agreed. But they do come out of the state of Florida.

Vance YYYY Grossman Ward Tebow Bell Weinke Wuerffel Kanell the list of busts is long

Kevin ZZZZ All from programs known to stretch the rules "a bit"!!

Todd XXXX Exactly. Who's the quarterback at Minnesota? Starts with a P I think and I believe he came out of FLA too.

Vance YYYY Ponder another one lol FSU

Todd XXXX That's it. He's still chugging along but he's got a hard road ahead of him.

Kevin ZZZZ You can go all the way back to Steve Spurrier from Florida. Won the Heiman and was a bust in the pros.

Todd XXXX I know, right? It's time for the press to focus on the next can't-quite-make-it guy for next year.

Kevin ZZZZ https://scontent-a-sea.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/10891674_10203629059586931_3320697426485797768_n.jpg?oh=bea3f072e6bae2774869baf606e7722e&oe=553586CA

Hey Dallas fans -- something to think about:

This is the eighth win-or-go-home game for Cowboys QB Tony Romo, and he's 1-6 in the first seven: 0-3 in Week 17 games with a playoff spot on the line, and 1-3 in the postseason. Since winning the Super Bowl after the 1995 season, the Cowboys have gone 2-7 in the postseason.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/playoffs/2014/story/_/page/1standgoal-14wildcard/examining-potential-wild-card-round-clayton-1st-goal?ex_cid=espnapi_public

Hey Dallas fans -- something to think about:

This is the eighth win-or-go-home game for Cowboys QB Tony Romo, and he's 1-6 in the first seven: 0-3 in Week 17 games with a playoff spot on the line, and 1-3 in the postseason.

Nope. I swear Romo isn't a choker.

I want Dallas to win, but it would be fun to see them continue to suck in the postseason.

I heard that.  Does that change your opinion about the outcome for this game?  I've still got the Cards winning.  I don't know why people are picking the Panthers.  Here's there 4 game win streak against power houses.

14 Sun, Dec 7 Box Score | Play-By-Play 15 Sun, Dec 14 Box Score | Play-By-Play 16 Sun, Dec 21 Box Score | Play-By-Play 17 Sun, Dec 28 Box Score | Play-By-Play

I listen to you, but I usually don't agree.

Denver will beat Indy or Cinci.

Not sure.  I honestly think that Indy will beat Cincy.  Indy had a good start to the season but their O line is decimated.  They play great D at times and horrible at times.  I can't figure it out.  IMO, Luck is the real deal.  If they can avoid interceptions I think that they have as good a chance against Denver as anyone. 

I really think that just about any of the teams left in can do it.  I still think that the Pats and the Packers are probably favorites as far as I am concerned.  As good as a chance that I think Indy has in Denver against a Peyton that is not playing well, I think that their luck would run out in New England if they should make it that far.  New England is just a horribly tough place to play in the playoffs.