NFL Postseason thread

Former member

One 14-point deficit, OK... but when the Pats went down 28-14 I can't really say I thought they were going to win that game.  That pick at the end of the first half was a killer.

I feel like I can't see how either Denver or Indy could play them as tough as the Ravens did.  Maybe they'll show me this afternoon.

Just woke up and watched the CowToys miss a field goal and the Pack make theirs to close the half.  Friend texted me from Florida and said because Aaron can't run with his effed up calf that he thinks Dallas will win.

Is Rogers really limited that bad that makes it look like they're going to win this game?  Is he a gimp?

One 14-point deficit, OK... but when the Pats went down 28-14 I can't really say I thought they were going to win that game.  That pick at the end of the first half was a killer.

I feel like I can't see how either Denver or Indy could play them as tough as the Ravens did.  Maybe they'll show me this afternoon.

If Indy beats da Broncs... I'd be surprised.  Either way I agree.  I think that Pats go through.

Sorry about that.
Can we still be friends?

Friends?  Of course.  But you East coast guys don't get it.  I realize we are outside your scope of what's going on in the world -- but your ignorance is no excuse when you get your asses wiped by our sandpaper.

Seattle/Boston in Super Bowl.

Seattle wins decisively.  Sucks to be you.

(alright -- honing my smack talk)

• Heart 1

Friends?  Of course.  But you East coast guys don't get it.  I realize we are outside your scope of what's going on in the world -- but your ignorance is no excuse when you get your asses wiped by our sandpaper.

Seattle/Boston in Super Bowl.

Seattle wins decisively.  Sucks to be you.

(alright -- honing my smack talk)

So it is the blind squirrel against the Paramecium!

I'm just teasing. It's clear I know very little about comparing one team against another. Plus, the better team doesn't always win, just look at us against the Giants.

You might have a better team, but we might still win.

I get paid the same either way.

Ah, I play rough SW but I'm a softie.  But you're wrong.  So is Boxy.  He won't admit it but deep down he wants to play us because he wants to know a) if Brady can still do it against the best, and b ) if the Pats defense really is better.  His Packer/Patriots rematch isn't gonna happen.

Ok, ok, back to our regular scheduling posting.  This is the NFL.  One game at a time.

Ok, time for Manning and that wet noodle arm to go.

Manning has been such a stellar competitor for so long that it was a little hard for me to see him playing so lousy tonight.

Sure, Brady's not the player he used to be either, but he sure doesn't have a wet noodle arm.

I think Luck 'n Co. will need more than 24 points to beat the Pats.

Peyton Manning heard something Sunday that he hasn’t heard very often, if ever, in his career.

The Denver Broncos quarterback was booed by his home crowd after throwing six straight incompletions in the second quarter of their divisional-round game against the Indianapolis Colts at Sports Authority Field at Mile High.

The drive capped off a first half that saw Manning go 7-for-18 with just 71 yards and a touchdown. Manning also lost a fumble in the second quarter that led to a Colts touchdown.

Things didn’t get much better for Manning and the Broncos from there, as they ended their Super Bowl run with a 24-13 loss to Indianapolis.

I realize it's really easy for me to say this -- but I think Vegas has those odds right.  That's my ten cents.  If I were betting it, that's how I'd basically rank it. 

At least I was 3-1 this weekend and not the reverse last weekend.

So here's my early call for next weekends games.  No surprises here:

Seahags

Pattiecakes

I predict GB and NE play in Glendale.

We blew out GB by 20 points at the beginning of the season.  True they're different and so are we.  They can't stop the running game to save their lives.  We control the ball, Marshawn has a big game, and we shut down Rogers enough.  It's a good match up -- one that I'd gladly take. Plus Russell is a winner and will continue to be a winner much to the dismay of purist pocket QB fans out there.

But that's what makes this interesting.  We are not infallable... but we are stronger and GB can't keep our pass rush out.  Other than that -- hang it all on Aaron's arm.  It won't be enough. Besides, Rogers is a gimp now.

We blew out GB by 20 points at the beginning of the season. True they're different and so are we. They can't stop the running game to save their lives. We control the ball, Marshawn has a big game, and we shut down Rogers enough. It's a good match up -- one that I'd gladly take. Plus Russell is a winner and will continue to be a winner much to the dismay of purist pocket QB fans out there.

But that's what makes this interesting. We are not infallable... but we are stronger and GB can't keep our pass rush out. Other than that -- hang it all on Aaron's arm. It won't be enough. Besides, Rogers is a gimp now.

if you ever wonder why people hate on Seattle fans, just re-read this post you made.

All the "we" talk, like you play on the team. It makes you sound like a fool.

Pittsburgh fans do it too, but it's mostly just the stupid yinzers like Nate.
  • Heart 1

if you ever wonder why people hate on Seattle fans, just re-read this post you made.

All the "we" talk, like you play on the team. It makes you sound like a fool.

Pittsburgh fans do it too, but it's mostly just the stupid yinzers like Nate.

'We' is easier to type than 'the Seattle Seahawks'.  He lives in the area where the Seahawks play, if you still lived in buttland, you could also say 'we' when referring to the tools the play in Boston.

'We' is easier to type than 'the Seattle Seahawks'. He lives in the area where the Seahawks play, if you still lived in buttland, you could also say 'we' when referring to the tools the play in Boston.

nope, it has nothing to do with where I live.

Seattle makes a big deal about calling their fans the 12th man, like they are part of the team.

Going to be very busy today at the office, so not going to be around much.

Cowboys had a good season and post season.  They did not win any games due to the refs and they did not lose any games due to the refs.

Romo was drastically improved in his leadership and decision making.

Not going to play what if or would have could have should have.

Congratulations to Green Bay.  I will now leap from the Cowboys money filled silver band wagon onto the stinky green band wagon made of cheese.

Let's Go Pack!  Let's Go Pack!  Let's Go Pack!

• Heart 1