Vacation 2023

BuffJim

Are you bird watching? You could see some new ones down there. I may have missed it, but did you fly into Austin? If so the country west of there, the Edwards Plateau is some of the best country Texas has to offer. It is good sheep and goat country. My wife has relatives in Llano.

• Heart 3

1 hour ago, sheep_herder said:

Are you bird watching? You could see some new ones down there. I may have missed it, but did you fly into Austin? If so the country west of there, the Edwards Plateau is some of the best country Texas has to offer. It is good sheep and goat country. My wife has relatives in Llano.

Flew into San Antonio. Brought my camera and should have chances to look for birds tomorrow. 

• Heart 2

On 3/10/2023 at 11:53 AM, sheep_herder said:

I got a picture of one of these yesterday. I haven’t downloaded mine yet, but 100% match. It’s a Caracara, a Mexican Eagle. Will download mine when I return. It was in a pasture on the LBJ Ranch. 

image.jpeg

• Heart 3
  • Awesome 1

24 minutes ago, BuffJim said:

I love seeing other parts of the world. Hill Country is an interesting area. I like the wide open vistas out west. This is really just the edge of the west. 

One of the best parts of Texas! Hope she gets to try some of the wonderful bar-b-q in Austin.

• Heart 1

2 hours ago, Kirby said:

Hope you get home uneventfully with no weather issues.  Not sure if Buffalo is supposed to get hit by this current  snow prediction.

Made it home about 10pm. Just about 1/2 inch of wet snow. Storm is east of us. Great trip. Gonna be tired tomorrow, but I can’t just hop into bed after getting home late at night. 

• Heart 3
  • Hugs 1