Today blunt assery at work?

shootingstar

Not bad assery hopefully.

At a staff meeting, I said my boss at bimonthly meetings did all the talking for our internal community of practice group... that's approx. 50 other people at these other meetings.  

I said, So no time, for folks to talk about what they want. 

Really I don't think I sounded so blunt. Or may be I was. :whistle:  Oh well, it was a light comment.  I don't think she took it as an affront. She was ruminating out loud to 5 of us (her staff) of finding ways for other folks to share knowledge/problems.

• Heart 1

Screws coming down on me ... I dislike participating in bureaucratic rigmarole.  I actually wrote in my email to a review committee..."in the past at times, it can be tortuous and bureaucratic..."

Already boss is annoyed at me for circumventing review committee.  Methinks members don't truly care. Not really.  She probably thinks I've been playing in my sandbox solo too long. 

• Heart 1

Back when I worked., I'd save vacation and take 2 or 3 weeks in December.   Just before my vacation, I was getting ready to leave the office.  My boss called me into his office.  He asks..  "So if I need to contact you over the next 2 weeks how can  I do that?  Where will you be on vacation?"

I told him.... "What would you do if I were dead?   That's what you do for the next 2 weeks."   Then I walked out and went home.

• Heart 3

22 minutes ago, Bikeguy said:

Back when I worked., I'd save vacation and take 2 or 3 weeks in December.   Just before my vacation, I was getting ready to leave the office.  My boss called me into his office.  He asks..  "So if I need to contact you over the next 2 weeks how can  I do that?  Where will you be on vacation?"

I told him.... "What would you do if I were dead?   That's what you do for the next 2 weeks."   Then I walked out and went home.

I know this coming Mon. I might be put down patronizingly by boss, in front of 3 other people, my own colleagues. We all report to her... and you bet your booties, that 2 of them will kowtow to whatever...they have 25-30 years more of working life ahead.

My email might have been a bit too cavalier and too frank.

• Hugs 2

1 hour ago, shootingstar said:

I know this coming Mon. I might be put down patronizingly by boss, in front of 3 other people, my own colleagues. We all report to her... and you bet your booties, that 2 of them will kowtow to whatever...they have 25-30 years more of working life ahead.

My email might have been a bit too cavalier and too frank.

Most of the shit I've really worried about never came to be.

• Heart 2

5 hours ago, Further said:

Most of the shit I've really worried about never came to be.

Absolutely!  The whole key to worrying is to worry aboot the appropriate thing, and that is hard to do, so best not to worry!  But then that can be a problem too, and I worry aboot that, :mellow: I don;t think Alfred E. Newman had life totally hacked either.